New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal 155 mag primer in 45 acp
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I found a few threads on it but just want to get general consensus on using the Fed 155 mag primers in the .45 ACP. I am using W231 and dont load over mid range specs at 5.6gn over 200gn Rainier bullets. Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

Posts: 117 | Location: colorado springs, co. | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
Shoud be ok. After all, WLP & Rem 2 1/2 are the only large pistol primer made by win and rem. They cover all powders. Use a starting load and work up should be fine.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the reply. That relieves a bit of doubt on my part. i figured if i was pushing max loads it would or could be an issue but i never load over 1/2 range anyways for messing around. Thanks again. Smiler

Posts: 117 | Location: colorado springs, co. | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup! Should work just fine.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote