New
Find
Notify
Tools

7.5 Swiss reloading information wanted
 Login/Join

<Desert Rat>
posted

Has anyone had any experience reloading for the 7.5 Swiss? I recently obtained a K-31. It is very well made, and I expect it to shoot well. I've heard rumors that the Lee dies do not work well with this caliber (I've had great luck with Lee dies in all other calibers, super engineering) and that Norma brass is better than Portugese brass, or some such. Any real information or experience out there?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Lee dies in 7.5 swiss and so do many others. Check out swissrifles.com then go to the Swiss Rifle Forum header(on the left side of page). Lots of info there. Do a lot of reading there as I am on this site. It may answer most of your questions. Norma is a better brass but I can get 1" w/ Portu brass(Indep, headstamped FNM) at 100yds. I think I'll be able to do better yet. I'm still working on it. In some of the old posts before I started viewing the S R F, a few people had reported some blow-by w/ Lee dies and they changed brands(usually RCBS) with no further blow-by. Since about this time last year when I first started viewing the S R F, no one has directly experienced and reported this phenomena of the Lee blow-by. Over there it is an old subject hashed and rehashed and is generally not well recieced. The only blow-by I've experienced was with light reloads and with the Portu(this ammo is very mild around 2200fps in a k-31). Some people report Portu groups ranging from a couple of inches(I'd have to see it to believe it) to 5"(that's about what I've gotten). It can do much better when reloaded. Speaking of good brass and accurate ammo, try the GP-11(swiss milsurp). It is berdan primed and non corrosive and will give you something to try to equal with your reloads.

Posts: 267 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote