Find
Notify
Tools

What 400gr will you load now?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted
Since Rem. is abandoning reloaders with their 405gr FP. What are you going to use for your 45-70 loads, and for a plinker bullet in the 458 Winnie, Lott, 450 NE, ect.

Right now I plan on using the 420gr Lyman (457193), that I am already casting, for a plinker. I may go to a gas checked cast bullet later. As for a lighter weight jacketed bullet for hunting the 350gr Hornady RN gets the nod.

Are there any other jacketed bullets in the price range of the now unattainable Rem?

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RCBS will sell you 1000 of the 405 Rem's for a bit more than $100 + shipping----how many do you want?

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I went to Huntington's website, (RCBS does not sell bullets) they did have a listing for 1000ct. 405gr. Rem.(@$145.90) I could not find a listing of in stock inventory.

Besides, I posted this tread to ask what others are going to do when supplies dry up.

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First of all, I'm going to stock up, if possible. Second, NEI has 440gr mould with a wide meplat that has my attention, although I don't see the need for a gascheck.

I don't intend to buy over-priced fodder for my 45-70, because you get nothing for the money. I like the Remington precisely because it is cheap and more than adequate.

Well, at least have an OK day Smiler

Posts: 242 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
midway just put them on sale. they are supposed to be in on Monday.

http://midwaymedia.midwayusa.com/SR215_Promo.pdf

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I just placed a backorder for pot full of Remmy bullets. Now I will wait to see if they show up.

Hog Killer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't be surprised if Remington has not quit supplying the 405 JFP. I have seen no evidence to support this vile internet rumor.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote