New
Find
Notify
Tools

Varmint 110Gr. 300 win.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well kids the big game season is over for me for another year. Now I can learn what I can do with my new 300 win. on the smaller stuff. I would really appreciate knowing if anyone has a pet load for a 300 win mag pushing 110Gr. bullets.

I know there will be some that tell me to buy a 22-250 or the new 204 Ruger but I'm appealing to the guy out there that has a wife and a budget that makes him use what he's allowed. I have a spanking new Ruger #1 stainless and I want to play.

Posts: 78 | Location: Western Canada | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I load those in my .308, and they shoot very well in my rifle. I can't help with exact data for the bigger 300 Mag case, though. I typically use either H380 or Varget, and get good results. I can't recall the exact charge as my notes are not with me, but it's a full case in my brass (I want to say something like 47 gr of Varget for a slightly compressed load...) You could probably start with these loads and work up in your rifle. If you can tune it in, and keep velocity to reasonable levels, you should have a good setup though! Performance is great at my speeds. maxman

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
Does your budget allow for 125gr Nosler Ballistic Tips? If it does you have 2 options:

Soft Load: check out Hodgdon's Youth Loads on their website.

Hot Loads: Nosler's manual has a bunch of options, with velocities from 3000 - 3400fps. I once tested some of these with 73gr of AA-3100. Groups were 1/2"

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote