New
Find
Notify
Tools

case sizing lube
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am using rcbs lube in a white bottle and applying it by hand. It seems I am getting it on too thick. What are some other options for lubing cases? What do you guys use to remove it before loading?

one of us
posted Hide Post
bigguns45, welcome to AR. I think you'll find many who will echo this tip, but the way to go is Redding Imperial Die Wax. You just put a small amount on your fingers and rub it onto the case--it isn't as messy as it sounds--and you just wipe it off with a towel when you're done sizing. It is the best!

Merry Christmas--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
bigguns45, welcome to AR. I think you'll find many who will echo this tip, but the way to go is Redding Imperial Die Wax. You just put a small amount on your fingers and rub it onto the case--it isn't as messy as it sounds--and you just wipe it off with a towel when you're done sizing. It is the best!

Merry Christmas--Don

It is good Bardahl is better. SmilerMerry Chritstmas to all.roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted Hide Post
rcbs also makes a pad for rolling brass on to lube. This works really fast but you need to be carefull not to use too much lube on the pad. I also like to use tri-flo spray. I spray a little on my hands and use my fingers. To remove the case lube i run them through my brass tumbler with corn cob media.

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Bigguns,

Welcome to the forum here!

Like Fish said, Imperial Sizing Wax is really good stuff. Plus a little tin lasts forever. It is my favorite lube for non-progressive reloading. When loading on my Dillon I like to use a spray lube, usually Hornady one-shot. With the spray lubes I found technique makes a big difference. I use a 2 quart plastic ice-cream tub. I toss the cases in there, give them a shot of lube and agitate them. Then I hold the tub at a 45 degree or so angle and shake the tub some more, all the cases will line up and you can give the case mouths a shot of lube.

I've never liked the sticky stuff in toothpaste tubes, I always seem to get dents and when I cut down they start sticking so when the spray lubes came out I used them exclusively until I discovered Imperial.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Imperial for the outside. Rooster labs makes a nice spray. Sincliar has it. I use both depending on the operation. Run your finger across the wax then rub the cases. You can get about a half dozen cases before you reload with grease.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Of all the different ones tried over the years, the IMPERIAL SIZING DIE WAX has to be the best I've used! You can smear some on a case lube pad and roll a bunch at one time or you can do as others have said and apply it with your fingers.....either way works great! And as stated before, wipe the case with a towel or rag after sizing! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote