Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 WSM data
 Login/Join

posted
I'm new to this forum. I did a search and all the 300 WSM data is 3-4 years old, or points to the defunct shortmags.org. Looking for loads using Nosler 180 AB's. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3 | Location: California | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Geo,
Go check out Hodgdons website. Hodgdon load data They have a ton of data available for just about any cartridge...the only catch is, you've got to be using Hodgdon powder. Wink Last time I checked, Nosler's website also has some load data available, but I don't remember what powders they had listed.

I also have a 300wsm and have had excellent results with H4350 & 165gr Barnes TSX & Sierra Matchpoints. I've also used alliant RL19 with 165gr Hornady Interbonds and Swift Sirrocco II's. I didn't get as good of results with these bullets and the RL19 combination, but haven't tried them with H4350 yet either. So I don't know if it's the powder or if my rifle just doesn't care for the bullets.

Haven't tried any 180gr bullets yet, but probably will at some point in the near future.

Good Luck!

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve4102,

Thanks for all those great links!!!

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Very good list of data sources, Thanks.

Posts: 3 | Location: California | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two 300 WSM rifles (Kimber and Dakota) both like WXR powder with 180 grain bullets.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote