New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small Pistol Primers?? Who's Best
 Login/Join

<Dyno>
posted
I would like to hear from some of our members on who has the best standard small pistol and why you think it is the best.

What "Brand" you prefer and why ?

Best,Dyno

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Whatever is cheapest...

------------------
http://stevespages.com/page8.htm

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Dyno -
To what Steve said, I'll add "and available". Currently, I'm using W-W WSP's because that's what the local dealer had in stock. Before that, it was CCI 500's.

Don't know that I've ever been able to attribute a good or bad result to brand of small pistol primer, as long as it's seated correctly.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<PaulS>
posted
Dyno,
The best primer depends on your weapon and load. I use two faily consistantly because they give consistant results. CCI 500 & 550 and WW WSP. I have had primers make a large difference in group size. I was using Remington primers when working up a load for my .357 and couldn't get the load to group. I switched to CCI 550 with the most accurate load I had found with the Remington primers and H110 - the groups closed up to 3 inches from 6. I continued to work the load back up and found a load that came in at 1.5 inches. The same load with the Remington primers 'patterned' at over 8 inches.

PaulS

------------------
stay safe and live long!