Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes TTSXs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted
Anyone done any serious target work with them yet to compare them to TSXs in particular? I am really interested in the 110 grain 270s and the 130 greain 30 cals.

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be interested to know about the 130grn. 30 cal. My Grandson is shooting a 30BR and so far has had good luck with the 125 Ballistic Tips. I like the TSX bullets better. With the small case we are only achieving 2900 fps.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
I did some work with 130 TSXs in a 760 that shoots more accurate than it has a right to. With both Varget and 748 they showed a preference in that gun for about 2950, and they definitely didn't like much else. That's why I have a couple of boxes of TTSXs waiting for warmer weather. I don't think the smaller case will be a problem. I think I'd pick Varget to start, start with them seated a good 50 off and when I got them under an inch then I would start working on the distance off the lands. With the shorter bearing surface the TSXs have, rotating the case while seating and sizing to improve concentricity might be important too. The TSXs I have worked up aren't real predictable about seating depthThe have ranged from touching back to 65 off.

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote