New
Find
Notify
Tools

Preferences in Brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Want to work on a shot load for a 44 Mag SBH, starting with a 303 British. What are the differences in/or preferences for Winchester or Remmington brass. Seems they both cost about the same.

Phil

Posts: 1468 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just looking for oppinions, still new to reloading. When starting to work up a load, or for just everyday plinking loads. Which brass do you all prefer Winchester or Remmington? Or is there a difference? Seems prices are about equal.

Want to start working on JJ's 44 shot load, with the 303 British. Since they need to be fire formed, thought you all might prefer one over the other. Thought I once heard one was a little more brittle than the other.

Phil

[ 08-03-2002, 23:48: Message edited by: Greyghost ]

Posts: 1468 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with both. I prefer Win if available, but Remington is good.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i agree with J D i use W W brass when i can.

a 357 mag can be your best friend

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I try and use winchester when available. Although I have also got PMC, Rem & dare I say it Bertram.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite brass is Lapua followed closly by RWS, then WW.... IMI, Rem, Norma are fine with me.

I do not like Bertram except in the old black powder calibers like the 45-90 where it served me well enough...

I had terrible luck with Bertram recently with the 10.75x68, and in the past with the 404, 500 N.E. and 505 Gibbs. The one redeming feature of it is that it comes in most all calibers.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote