Notify
Tools

Re: Nosler Blems?????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Good Thread.

SASK_HUNTER.

You've used seconds before. Did you order them from the USA?? If so, is there any problem getting that kind of thing through Customs??

Thanks,

Ringo.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hilarious!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JCN,
I love your posts..feel free to add something interesting anytime....Just great......
George

Posts: 142 | Location: Jaccksonville, N. C. | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I quit buying the "firsts" and only buy the "seconds" now. Of course, the selection is limited to what they happen to have in stock at any given time.

As their web site says:
"Nosler Factory 2nds are cosmetically blemished bullets that didn't pass the test to be put in the black and gold box. They shoot just the same they just don't look as pretty. However, there are times that the factory 2nds will have a cannelure on the bullet. These bullets were going to one of Nosler's ammunition manufacturer partners."
http://www.shootersproshop.com/factory2ndsheader.html

Give 'em a try. What have you really got to lose?

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
THIS WAS SHOT WITH NOSLER 2NDS. 200 GR ACCUBONDS 300 RUM at 3148 fps. This was a 300 yard group.

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you ever see any 9.3mm Partition seconds? I've checked the past couple of months without success

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Speer....LoLo Sporting Goods (208) 743-1031 Ask for Gordy or Keith.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Where to get second bullets:
Lost River------Tiffany's, NY, NY
GS Custom-----Bottom of the Marianas Trench

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that is true. but generally they shoot just fine. you need to remember that....blem or not....Nosler assumes a lot of liability if they allow the bullet to be sold. if there was any danger, they would destroy the bullets. as far as accuracy goes, i personlly have never had a problem with Nosler blems or any other brand of blems. quite often, "blem", is really not descriptive of the situation. for instance, if a mishap occurs in the factory resulting in a batch of bullets being dumped onto the floor, the bullets are not sold as "firsts". or if for some reason, the finish is not as shiny as the factory QC thinks they should be, then they become "blems". i have bought many thousands of blems, usually Hornady, and never seen anything more serious than slight tarnishing.....and that only on a very small percentage. anyway, that's my experience.....hope things work out for ya........

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Nosler "blems" I've used have performed beautifully. As to the "blem" classification, that's really hard to discern, as they look pretty nice to me. A number of them are batch overruns for ammunition companies and may vary from the regular production insofar as perhaps having a cannelure or other slight difference.

Posts: 13248 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Barnes--------Blemished? No, no, no! That large group is because your bullets weren't .050" off the lands. Not .049", not .051", it must be .050". Jeez!

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bullshooter
posted Hide Post
i am not too familiar with the accubond. will it make a good elk bullet? it looks like it would. thick jacket and all. i am thinking 160's in a 7stw. also, does anyone know where to get barnes seconds? i did not see them listed in JCN's list.

Posts: 162 | Location: puyallup wa. | Registered: 24 December 2000Reply With Quote