Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Bonded Bear Claws
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Where can I find these bullets for reloading? Thanks

Posts: 49 | Location: Jeanerette, LA | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
BS - Speer will be offering Trophy Bonded in late Spring to early Summer. Not sure if they are going to offer all calibers or introduce them a few at a time.

This info came directly from Speer. I would suggest that you contact them directly if you are interested in a particular caliber and bullet. http://www.speer-bullets.com/

[This message has been edited by Zero Drift (edited 03-18-2002).]

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Midsouth has several calibers to choose from. This is a link for 30 caliber http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/department.asp?dept=Reloading&dept2=JACKETED+RIFLE&dept3=.308+DIA&dept4=SPEER

Hope this helps.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Longbob - For the tenth time - Midsouth does NOT have Trophy Bonded "in stock". If you do not believe me please call Midsouth at 1-800-272-3000 or Speer at 1-800-627-3640.

No one presently carries TB because Speer has not shipped yet! Please contact Speer for the release date. Midsouth as well as most other suppliers will have access to them shortly thereafter. There is no point in sending people on a wild goose chase...

[This message has been edited by Zero Drift (edited 03-19-2002).]

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Zero,

For the tenth time, huh? I didn't realize that you were the TBBC police. As far as goose chasing is concerned, if you check the two links provided (yours and mine), which one gives the poster more info? I realize that these haven't been shipped out yet. I've got several on order from Midsouth and will receive some as soon as they are released.

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
TBBC police?? Well in a way yes. Jack Carter was a long time friend of my father. I was most fortunate to spend some time with the man as well. He was a true gentleman.

As a result of the relationship, I have been very interested in what is happening with TBBC. After Jack passed, there was a lot of concern how Federal was going to respond. Fortunately, they made good on their promise to support reloaders. Something that Jack wanted.

There has been a lot of conjecture as to when Speer is going to begin shipping. Hopefully for all of us it will be soon. My apologies for the �tenth time� comment.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Huntingtons have the TBBC in stock and I've bought some from them and recieved them already.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Interesting - According to Huntington, (530 534-1210) they have not received any shipments for TBBC from Speer nor do they have any in stock. They are hoping "any week now".

According to Speer customer support, they hope to begin shipping "some calibers" as early as �two weeks�. However, this is what they stated in February. I asked what calibers and they stated that they "could not be specific at this time".

It sounds like we should see them any moment. I can hardly wait...

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Zero,

No harm no foul. It's interesting that you knew Jack Carter personally. I have nothing but great opinions of his bullets. I just wish they shot well in every rifle I own. With the ability to buy them as a reloader, I won't be complete until I find that perfect combination.

So far, I have my 270 Winchester in a Weatherby Ultralight that will put 5 shots under an inch with Hornady 130 gr. SST's and Nosler 130 gr. Partitions. They have the same point of impact, so no scope adjustment is necessary. This is way cool! I can just interchange them as needed and the trajectory is virtually identical (the velocity is the same on both). The TBBC's should be tougher bullets than the Nosler Partitions.

<phurley>
posted
Gentlemen -- If you like the TBBC's you should really like the North Fork. Your inch groups will become 1/2 inch and better. I have been able to get one holers when I do my part aiming and pulling the trigger, on all sizes I have shot. I have only shot the .338's and .358's so far. Just got an order for .308's in 180 and 200 gr. recently to try for a buddie's .300 Ultra Mag. All I am saying is the North Forks are great and available now. Good shooting.

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
Midsouth is listing a 140 gr 6.5mm TBBC in the link provided by LongBob. I assume at some point in time they will be stocking this bullet. Have any of you loaded this bullet in a 264 Win Mag or 6.5-06?

Saludos...Frank

Posts: 145 | Location: Katy, Tx | Registered: 06 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
phurley, do you have a web address go NF?

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
North fork doesn't have a website. The number is 307-436-2726,fax 307-436-5780. I think the company is a one man show and he actually gives a shit about his customers. I've tried the .30 cal. 180gr. bullets and they definately work and cost less then trophy bonded.

<phurley>
posted
The reason I mentioned the North Fork on this thread is because it is much like the TBBC in design. They both have a bonded core lead front end and a solid rear shank. The North Fork is grooved to ease barrel fouling. The grooved rear shank also seems to make seating easier. The bullet also survived my toughness test with flying colors. This includes shooting into a box of wet file papers with a buffalo shoulder bone and plastic covered notebooks added to simulate additional bones. Some of the bonded core bullets pulvarized. The North Fork acted more like the Swift A-Frame as far as mushrooming. The best part is the accuracy. I have shot all the tough bullets and will pick the toughest that will give me the accuracy I demand, meaning one hole groups for three shots. The North Forks have made that search simple since I have been shooting them. A bullet tough enough for Bears, Buffalo etc. that is as accurate as the Sierra Matchking, WOW. Try them you have nothing to loose. Good shooting.

------------------

<T/Jazz>
posted
PHURLEY, How does one go about getting some of those NORTH FORK bullets you have posted about?

I am interested in obtaining some for my 338 and my new 300 Ultra mag for working up a good hunting load with both of those rifles.
Where is this company located etc?

one of us
posted Hide Post
North fork is in Glenrock, Wyoming. Give the guy a call and he'll send you all the info.

<MNTNMAN>
posted
I THOUGHT BEAR CLAWS WERE KIND OF LIKE CINNAMON ROLLS.

<phurley>
posted
T/JAZZ -- RMK gave you the phone number, at this time that is the only way to communicate with the bullet company. In the .338 bullets he makes a 200, 225, and 240 gr. I have shot the 225 gr. in my two .340's, it is my most accurate bullet with those rifles. Good shooting.

------------------

[This message has been edited by phurley (edited 03-21-2002).]