Tools

Wolf Primers
 Login/Join

Picture of VAD
posted
How good or how bad are Wolf primers?

Regards

Teach a child to use a gun responsibly

Posts: 3 | Location: Chihuahua, Mexico | Registered: 13 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I am working on a batch of 5000 small pistol and have not had any issues

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm using their small (.223) rifle, work just fine.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
I'm using their small (.223) rifle, work just fine.

+1

Wolf is known for superior rimfire ammo, so that probably give them some credence with primer mfg........

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I use their LRM primers in my 300 Win Mag. It was all I could get my hands on while doing some development for a trip to Africa last August. They've all gone bang and killed 9 big game animals with them since developing the load.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with the Wolf primers, but over the years have used primers from Federal, W-W, R-P, CCI, Alcan, RWS, Fiochi, and even Herter's. I've found every brand and type I've used to be totally dependable, and have no reason to expect Wolf to work any differently.

Some primers may provide better more consistent velocities or accuracy with a particular cartridge or load than others, but all will be dependable.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wolf an Tula primers are just fine as I've had no issues with Either SR LR LMR or SP . tu2

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used thousands and thousands of LR and SMR Mag and results were excellent. i had a lot of 5k LR Mag that was not hot enough to ignite 300RUM. Delayed detonation. Had the same sisue with them in 300WSM and 7Rem Mag. Wolf replaced them with a check (and let me keep the duds -- I use em for 500 S&W and fiireforming AI cases).

IIRC 6mmbr recommends them and claims them to be consistent. I keep buyin em~!