Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone reloading the 32 ACP?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted
Just thinking about reloading the 32 auto and have some questions.

Two of the pistols I would reload for don't like FMJs. All three like the 71 gr. Magtech JHP. I can't find a source for the JHPs.

1. I am assuming Magtech is not offering them for reloading?

2. Is anyone using Hornady XTP 60 gr. or the 85 gr., and if so, how do they shoot?

3. Any loading info?

If it makes any difference, I would be loading for a PPK, a PP and a Mauser.

Thanks for any information.

Jim

Please be an ethical PD hunter, always practice shoot and release!!

Praying for all the brave souls standing in harms way.

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i do - but the load is at home, one thing i remember is that i had to use federal primers (in a pp) to have them go off. anything else weren't sensitive enough I know i use bullseye & a 60 gr

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I load for a PP, using W231 pushing whatever 60 or 71 grain bullet I can get for a good price. I've used the Magtech (71 gr. fmj) and had no complaint, but last time I bought Sierra tournament masters (71 gr. fmj) and those are VERY good. I have used the Hornady 60 gr. XTP in the past but some friends and I did a few informal expansion tests when we got hold of many, many pounds of old telephone books, and I was not impressed by the expansion (or lack of) in the XTPs of several calibers including the two .32s that I carry. They did not feed well in my gun and since they did not expand I opted for heavier weight fmjs for the acp.

If the enemy is in range, so are you. - Infantry manual

Posts: 494 | Location: The drizzle capitol of the USA | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
i do - but the load is at home,..........

Sooooo, did the wife finally find out about all the guns you've been buying in the last few months, or doesn't she know you are gone?

Occasionally, I have had to crash at my brothers cabin just north of me.............never mind, that's another story.

Any time Butchloc.

If you want to PM me with anything, go ahead. I appreciate it.

Jim

one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amamnn:
I load for a PP, using W231 pushing whatever 60 or 71 grain bullet I can get for a good price. I've used the Magtech (71 gr. fmj) and had no complaint, but last time I bought Sierra tournament masters (71 gr. fmj) and those are VERY good. I have used the Hornady 60 gr. XTP in the past but some friends and I did a few informal expansion tests when we got hold of many, many pounds of old telephone books, and I was not impressed by the expansion (or lack of) in the XTPs of several calibers including the two .32s that I carry. They did not feed well in my gun and since they did not expand I opted for heavier weight fmjs for the acp.

Very interesting.

I would like to find a "plinking" load that will feed in the pistols I load for. The PP and the PPK do not like any FMJ factory loads that I have tried. They are not accurate at all and they tend to jam regularly.

Using the Magtech 71 JHP they all shoot very small groups and there are no hang-ups. It is obviously the shape of the bullet, with regards to the jamming.

For defense, the Magtech JHPs will be in the clip. I am looking for a load that will not jam and will be close to the 71 Magtech JHP in accuracy.

Is it possible that the Sierra FMJ is shaped differently that it won't hang up? If this is the case it would be great.

Am I missing something with COL? Keep in mind, I haven't reloaded anything yet, just wondering if I pushed the FMJs back into the case a little, if they would feed properly?

Thanks.

Jim