New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speer 250gr 9.3mm bullets
 Login/Join

<bigbelly>
posted
Can anyone tell me when they made the 250gr spitzer bullets in 9.3mm .366".the boxes I just bought are the older plastic ones and bullets look just like the 270`s.also what would they be best for,target or deer hunting,I think the 270`s were too lightly constructed for anything much larger,has anyone had real hunting experience with them.I paid $7.50 a box (of 50)and not sure if I should get more,no one seems to shoot the old 9.3`s in my area.thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
bigbelly
I have killed a few deer an a 300+lb pig with a 9.3x74R and the Speer 270 gr. bullets. I have only recovered the one that hit the pig. It expanded and penetrated perefectly. While I might pick a different bullet for elk I would not hesitate to use them on animals up to Alaskan Caribou.
I read somewhere that Speer made the 250gr. 9.3 bullets for a European company. I do not know which one.

[ 03-31-2003, 06:58: Message edited by: N E 450 No2 ]

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
<bigbelly>
posted
No one at cci-speer know anything about my 250gr bullets.I e-mailed them the code #`s tonight,maybe that will help.I`m going out tomorrow to shoot some of them,I`m going to try 58gr of rl-15 to start.with the 270`s I`ve been having good luck with 56gr of same.