New
Find
Notify
Tools

9X57 Ammo Source
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know of a source for loaded 9X57 ammo, or even 9mm Rifle bullets? I have a client looking for some.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RobertD
posted Hide Post
You might try Old Western Schrounger. Dave there seems to have most everything for oldies.

RobertD

Posts: 269 | Location: East Bay, CA | Registered: 11 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck,
I have a 9x56 MS and I had to make my cases from 8x57 brass, get the dies from redding and fortunately for me, the barrel slugged out at 357 and I've been using 358 bullets in it with great success. I haven't seen 9x57 in my searches either...I do believe Dangerous Dave is the best place to look.

regards,
Graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How much do you want? I know a guy who knows a guy who has a lot, but he wants to sell it in case lots. This is original Kynoch ammo, I understand. I don't think he wants an arm and a leg for it -- he just wants to sell it a bunch at a time. (Maybe we could get the 11 guys in North America who actively shoot 9x57's together on this site and cut a package deal...)

I resize 8x57 brass in RCBS dies and shoot .358 bullets. No pressure problems and decent accuracy. I'm still working my way up to factory velocities. My rifles are an original 1908 vintage Mauser sporter and what appears to be a rebored, sporterized military BRNO. The BRNO is a winter project to turn into an ersatz Mauser sporter with optical sights.

Hornebar is making brass too, I'm told, though I haven't actually seen any.

This would be a tough chambering for the non-reloader. Let me know if you want to pursue the Kynoch ammo, and I'll get hold of the guy who knows the guy to see if it's still available.

Posts: 119 | Location: Ketchikan, AK USA | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
<Dutchgus>
posted
9x57 ammo recently fabricated by W. Romey is still offered by Kettner in Germany (www.kettner.de) but it's costly at some USD 7,- a piece.

one of us
posted Hide Post
[Smile]

[ 10-26-2003, 14:10: Message edited by: Allen Glore ]

Posts: 1058 | Location: Lodge Grass, MT. Sitka, Bethel, Fort Yukon, Chevak, Skagway, Cantwell and Pt. Hope Alaska | Registered: 24 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I checked with the guy who knows the guy...

Kynoch 9x57 ammo is available, for $10/box or less. Trouble is, the guy only wants to sell it by the 100-box case. I could use maybe 10 boxes, but that about covers it for me. But if anyone wants A LOT of 9x57 ammo, let me know. Maybe enough people will want in to make this work out.

Chic -- have you found any, or is your customer still interested in ammo?

Posts: 119 | Location: Ketchikan, AK USA | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote