Find
Notify
Tools

CH4D dies ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have a set of ch4d dies?

What are they designed like /compared too, the sizer and the seater? They dont have any pictures or cut away diagrams.

Hows the quality and how do you like em ?

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Friends have them in 6.5x53 Daudeteau, and 218 Mashburn Bee, no complaints. They're pretty standard design wise, not much different than RCBS, really.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I have a set in .405 Winchester. Mine are conventional design, just like old Pacific Dies, or RCBS, Redding, or even Herter's.

As delivered, the outside finish on them is not much to look at. BUT, inside they are very well made indeed, and most important, they work splendidly. I like the fact that they expend their money and effort on making a dimensionally correct, smooth working, highly functional die set.

I could polish the outside and chrome plate it myself if that was important to me, but it isn't.

I highly commend them to you.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im thinking of getting a set for 9.3x57. $78.25

Redding wants $169.50

Dave at CH4D says they are designed like Redding

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
I got my 404 Jeffery set from CH4D and couldnt be happier.Very well made.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I got my 9.5X57 Mannlicher Schoenauer from CH4D. They remind of Lee dies a bit only because the knurling on the body is quite sharp like the Lee.

I find them reasonably priced and they work very well.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11185 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave does good stuff. I have them for my 9.3x64 and 10.75x68. Also swedging die for sizing 44mag pistol bullets to .423.

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DIXIEDOG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
As delivered, the outside finish on them is not much to look at. BUT, inside they are very well made indeed, and most important, they work splendidly. I like the fact that they expend their money and effort on making a dimensionally correct, smooth working, highly functional die set.

I agree with this, I purchased a CD4D swager die set and there were large burrs on the thread and the outside finish was marginal at best. When I first looked at them I thought I had made a mistake purchasing from them but after using them I could see how much time went into developing this highly functional die set and I've been quite pleased with their performance.