New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primers at Midway
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Federal Large Pistol, and CCI small pistol magnum in stock. Beat the scalpers. Still expensive, but better scalper prices.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Need large rifle primers mostly, they are the main shortage it seems..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if small pistol primers would work in light loads in a rifle? Seems like they should.
Any guesses on how light, or what kind of pressures they need?

jmbn
Old and in the way

Posts: 282 | Location: Lakeview OR | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jerrymontgomery:
I wonder if small pistol primers would work in light loads in a rifle? Seems like they should.
Any guesses on how light, or what kind of pressures they need?

Handgun pressures in rifle loads.

Posts: 798 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use 40-K as a cutoff point for pistol primers.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks; 40K sounds OK; that's probably about the lightest loads in the book for most 222-derived cartridges. I've got lots of large primers but am concerned about sage rat and prairie dogs for next season.

jmbn
Old and in the way

Posts: 282 | Location: Lakeview OR | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use small pistol magnum primers in a couple of my smaller capacity rifle cases----.218 Bee with Lil'Gun and H110/WW296 in my .256 WM----works great!!!
I also use Large Pistol Magnum in a lot of my rifle calibers for range use and/or cast bullets in .30-30. .300 Sav., .30-40 Krag. >30-06, .35 Rem. .358 Win. 9.3X57, .375Win., .444, and .45-70.
JUST WATCH FOR PIERCED PRIMERS!!!

I do SOME of this due to the primer shortage and the fact that I have a lot of LPM primers.

Hip

Posts: 1894 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pierced primers can spit on you!

jmbn
Old and in the way

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
357 Mag operates at 35K psi, so I also, would put a cap on them at 40K.
Accidental Pun; Cap.
Get it?
No.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry:

Or spit in your eye!

Wear shooting glasses!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6030 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THAT'S WHY I ADDED A WARNING !!!

Hip

Posts: 1894 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote