THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Savage Model 114 Classic - 7mmRem Mag twist rate

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Model 114 Classic - 7mmRem Mag twist rate
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i see that the twist rate on the Model 114 Classic for a 7mm Rem Mag is 1:9.5". i have a whole mess of 175 grain bullets that i want to load for this rifle. however, i have looked at both the Lilja and Shilen sites and they recommend a twist rate of 1:9" for these heavier bullets. have any of you loaded, or shot, these heavier bullets out of this rifle? and if so, does that difference in twist rate make any difference in the accuracy? i would imagine that Savage took this into consideration when they made the rifle. butcha never know what drives gunmakers. thanks for the help.

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
They should work if they aren't match type bullets. If they are, it's iffy, but they might.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote