New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thumbler Tumbler
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just started using mine Friday. One lot of brass was copper colored when I dumped them out. Only thing was, they were in overnight. They measure fine, why the copper color?
Thanks

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
sounds like they were cleaned not polished.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Change the media?

PS: I have a Thumblers - it's well over 15 years old, probably closer to 22 years old. I lost recollection of when I bought it. Wonderful tool.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Just started using mine Friday. One lot of brass was copper colored when I dumped them out. Only thing was, they were in overnight. They measure fine, why the copper color?
Thanks

Left in running overnight or left sitting over night?
Norma brass often had a red cast compared to other brands.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Thanks

I've had brass become discolored in a patchy fashion when using a Thumlers Tumbler. I believe the cause is one of two things. Use of too much Lemishine and/or the use of soft water.

I've since changed my technique. I use just a small amount of Lemishine with Dawn dishwashing detergent, don't use soft water and tumble for 2 hours in the stainless steel media. I then pour off and rinse until pretty clear, use Dawn dishwashing detergent with no Lemishine and tumble for another 2 hours.

Since changing my technique, I've had no more discolored brass.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I average about 400 rounds of 223 in each lot. I used 2 tablespoons of Ivory dishwashing liquid and 1 tablespoon of lemishine. I've been tumbling about 5-6 hours, except for the copper looking brass. All of my brass is a mix of LC 07, Federal, and Remington. The different brands all look to be the same color. I have my last lot to check in a little bit that went all night. The machine and method do a very great job. I am very pleased.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a little Dawn dish washing liquid and don't run it more than 3 hours. The brass comes out clean but not polished which is fine by me.

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I run mine about 4 hrs per load with 2 tablespoons of dish soap and the 1/4 tsp of Lemonshine per the instructions.

I've never had any brass coloration issues. However, I am currently loading some range pick up 223 brass, and there are some differences in coloring dependent upon the brass manufacturer.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll take photos later. Mine is a mix of range brass and other wise. In each lot they are the same color regardless of brand and whether it is range brass or not. The brass is shiney and no splotches.