New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading supplies HELP!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm new to this & would appreciate any exp erienced tips & suggestions. Ordered RCBS Rockchcker master kit today, also bought digital scales, shell holder,speer manual,sierra manual,the abc's of reloading manual, a shooting times magazine,the complete rifleman magazine, 270 & 30.06 brass. Need primers & powder & you guys for mentors. I'm all ears! PS. Need load data for 300WSM

[This message has been edited by thmpr (edited 04-08-2002).]

[This message has been edited by thmpr (edited 04-08-2002).]

Posts: 137 | Location: ormond beach fl | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the reloading addiction Thumper.
Sounds like it won't be long before you'll need to sign up for the 12 step rehabilation program.
I hope you enjoy your Rock Chucker as much as I have mine. As you get further into reloading you'll most likley be adding more goodies to your bench. Flash hole deburring tool, case neck turning tool, primer pocket uniformer, hand priming tool, etc etc. The list goes on and on. It just depends on what "YOU" are looking to get out of "YOUR" hand built custom ammo.
Remember safety at all times and develope consistancy when reloading.
I also load 270 Win and 30-06. My best loads for these so far are:
270 Win.
54.5 grs. IMR 4350
130 gr Sierra SBT
Winchester Large Rifle Primers

30-06
58.2 grs. IMR 4350
150 gr Sierra SPT
Winchester Large Rifle Primers

Sorry, can't help you with the 300WSM.
*Nut*

------------------
My wife said If I load ONE more box of ammo, She's gonna take the dog and leave.
God, I'm sure gonna miss that dog. Red Face)

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hi,
Welcome to reloading.For supplies,go to my site,type in reloading.
1geejay
http:www.shooting-hunting.com

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
thmpr -

Go here http://hodgdon.com/data/frame.htm and click on the "300 Winchester Short Magnum" link.

Read the loading manuals you purchased. If you know someone who loads, ask them if you might sit in on a session, to see what you read about actually being done.

Ask questions here. Lots of knowledge on this site.

Good luck. You've entered a fascinating world.

R-WEST

------------------
"the spotlight of truth will cause the cockroaches of deceit to run for cover every time"
Rush Limbaugh

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I load for the .270 win and i load W-W Cases with 61gr H-1000. Very good groups with this load.2900fps 130gr hornady spt.

------------------
My 45-70 is my best friend.NRA Member

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Well, reloading 270's REQUIRES 4350, since O'Conner's time, doesn't it?
I would go as far as saying, 4350 with Fed 210's, it's the American Way!

Have fun, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I agree with Dutch, use 4350 in the .270!! I also prefer Federal primers, but also use CCI and Remington if I can't get Federal.