New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost info
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have the information as to what powders were used in military small arms ?.

I have either lost or misplaced my note book !.

When I was working and had the lab equipment available . I pulled several projectiles from various rounds ( WW1 , WW2 , Korea , Viet Nam, then analyzed the powder continent . I then sent those results off to a friend with the ( FBI ) to verify those results.

Well he is deceased and I've lost the Dam note book !. It probably happened when I decided to clean and organize the loading room !. Some how I would like to have that info again if possible .

Anyone have an Idea ?.

I'm putting everything pertaining to reloading I have onto CD's after 40 years !.

You might find this humorous my neighbor did after I explained what I was doing !.

My good friend and neighbor who walks his dog by our place almost every day . Wasn't real friendly . I didn't know why or what I had said to piss him off !?.

A few weeks had passed and he had made mention of the party noise from the previous weeks . He then just out right ask me why he and his wife weren't invited to the party had he done something to offend us ?.

I looked at him and said I don't know I wasn't invited either !. He said come on ,Christ I saw your trash cans they were full of paper plates ( Two BIG cans full ) Neighbors and all kinds of cars driving down the road music blasting !.

I thought for a moment then told him the neighbors down beyond my place had a party for their Girls birthday party . I saw the flyer on the telephone pole the other day .

Well they didn't even invite you and you lent them your trash cans !. Jerks SOB's and some other rude remarks . I then realized what he was talking about paper plates in my trash cans !.

You've got to laugh !. I have been using paper plates for targets for over 25 years !!!!. I cleaned up all those targets and filled the cans two weeks in a row !!!!!!.

All is well we had a laugh about it .

I told him I made several different stencils over the years and spray the plates by the hundreds with the Air Brush and stencils !. ( Cheap targets ) paper plates 500 to a stack wait for the sales buy cases of them .

Shoot straight Know your target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote