THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Please Help - School Science project - Ballistic Tables

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please Help - School Science project - Ballistic Tables
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks

I am helping my 15 year old with a science project this year. Calculating ballistic coeffiecient from two velocity readings (10 feet and 100 yards). Loads from a Disk will calculate the BC for us, given this data, however - he needs to show the formula and actually compute the BC.
We have the data. We found the formula, but the formula we found depends on Ingalls Table I.

We need S(v) v is velocity.

Does anyone know where the tables can be found on-line? Or does anyone have a copy of the tables and / wiling to send the values for about 60 different velocities? Or by chance can S(v) be calculated?

Thanks

Posts: 449 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK more info.

Someone tells me that the Ingalls tables number I are found in Hatcher's Notebook. Does anyone have a copy? Can you check for me?

Thanks

Posts: 449 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trigger:
Does anyone know where the tables can be found on-line?

This might get you started.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trigger,

Have Hatcher's Notebook open to Table I.

Need to know projectile velocity (both V and v [ initial and terminal velocity ] ) since Table I is 26 pages long. V= 3600 to 1300 fps ∆ 10 fps and V = 1300 to 100fps ∆ 1fps

rs

[ 12-02-2002, 09:23: Message edited by: Sysephus ]