New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 257 Weatherby Factory Loads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Great idea Jorge...........see my post above?

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I sure did, but there's no data in your post so I figure I would elaborate more. If you do a search on this very subject, you'll find all kinds of posts by me and others regarding the Weatherby Guide. jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, do any of you 257 Weatherby fans know what powder they use in their 100gr Hornady Spire Point factory loads?

My 117gr Sierra handloads have been sucking, so I tried some these. Three shots at 100yds went into 0.125"! I only fired 3 because I had to leave, but I want to get back out to verify this wasn't just pure luck. Hopefully, I can somewhat duplicate this load, because, I don't feel like paying the high price for factory loads all the time.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look again. I see plenty of data.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
It wasn't coming up on my computer at home, but yup, I see it now. Same Weathrby Guides I have at home. THe data WORKS at least with Hornady and Nosler Partition bullets as those were the only two available back then. jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Partial FL sizing will still size (part of) the case body, it will just ensure that case will headspace on the shoulder. How much of the case body will be sized depends on the die vs. the chamber. NS dies for .257 Wthby are few and far between. I have tried to order a Lee Collet (special manufacture) die, but thus far no reply from Lee.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote