Login/Join

one of us
Picture of husky
posted
Gentlemen,
I don't want to rub it in but...:

Norma 2005 Catalog

Page 32 "Norma Reloading Manual"

Without brass we wouldn't be able to relaod - so use whatever you likes best thumb

Husky

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Neat information. All my favorites are in there!

Posts: 24 | Location: Louisville, KY, USA | Registered: 17 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Ill agree but I dont see many many American
brands or headstamps.
But it is not all that clear on my screen. beer

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3071 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Top photo, last brass in bottom right is stamped Winchester.

Now, here are the key words I saw:

"...cases are made to various customers specifications..."

So, some may have lower standards that does Norma itself. Just like Arctic Cat atv's, there motor is made by Suzuki, but to AC's specs.

Over the last 5 years, Winchester brass has become very very good.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
quote:
Over the last 5 years, Winchester brass has become very very good.

That is all I use myself,I dont know alot about this industry but I dought that they make winchesters .270 or .3006 brass.
I could be wrong though.
wouldn't be the first time!!

Times have changed and to keep prices in check
alot of products have been exported for mfg.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3071 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal30 1906:
Ill agree but I dont see many many American
brands or headstamps.
But it is not all that clear on my screen. beer

You have also Remington on the second photo.

Visiting Norma in Ã…motfors, Sweden -you will find cases such RWS, Lapua, Winchester etc produced on parallell production lines at the same time. Eeker

Norma told me that for example the brand "GECO" is RWS low price brand, but requires another production step than the high priced "RWS" brand in order to look cheaper. Thus making the "GECO" cases more expensive to produce than "RWS" cases.

So much making "-cases are made to various customers specifications..."

Husky

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think US made brass has went to hell in a handbasket in recent years. I just noticed in a current Sinclair catalog that both Nosler and Hornady are now expanding their brass line, and they're citing things that Norma and Lapua have done for many years, like uniformity of case weight, primer pockets that are drilled instead of punched out etc. Of course they're also charging a lot more for it. So, maybe those of us that switched to Lapua some years ago knew something after all. I don't take much satisfaction in being right. I'd much rather have decently made US products, but I guess that's just not going to happen. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
quote:
Norma told me that for example the brand "GECO" is RWS low price brand, but requires another production step than the high priced "RWS" brand in order to look cheaper. Thus making the "GECO" cases more expensive to produce than "RWS" cases.

Now that is interesting!!

one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
cal30 1906
Yes, not only interesing but also very very sad thumbdown

The extra step needed for the GECO cases are that they are annealed again after the polishing process in order to look cheaper than the other brass....

Husky

posted Hide Post
I wonder how many rounds one has to order to have a brand name? I notices the Jarrett and Greener Brands.
A/R Brass?

Posts: 24 | Location: Louisville, KY, USA | Registered: 17 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
B Edwards,
Concerning Norma I think that you have to order atleast 10 000 cases, but small orders are only accepted while they have "slack" in their production line.

Right now this is not the case -so to say.
Therefore we have to vait for some interesting new products bawling

Husky