Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon XL650
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of RugerNiner
posted
Is there anybody on this forum who has had a Dillon XL650 and feels that they are not worth the Money?

Posts: 35 | Location: Lancaster, Pa | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I've been running 550Bs for 6 calibers for the last 20yrs & don't feel I've missed anything but if I could get a 650 cheap, I sure would buy one. If you don't need 600rds+/hr, it's not worth the money IMO. The Hornady LNL is a better "deal", but the 650 is a great machine, just not worth $500+.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 650. Feel it's worth every penny I spent.
I have used other progressive and semi progressive presses. Brands run the list. Still feel the quality of the machine and it's "heft" hold it above the also rans.
All that said only you can decide if the money is well spent on a specific tool for your needs.
Just my $.02.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a 650 XL for sale

Posts: 27 | Location: Dublin, Va. | Registered: 26 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
had a 450 and a 550 now a 650 - by far the best of the bunch

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have two 550's and a 650 - with all the add ons. Fantastic for volume production of one calibre (.40 S&W in my case) A pain to change primer size (as are the 550's which is why I have 2 - one in large pistol and one in small)

Much prefer the auto indexing on the 650.

Would get another if I could

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RugerNiner
posted Hide Post
I sent off a money order two days ago.
I wanted the XL650 because of the powder check for the cases.
I should have my XL650 by New Years. banana

Posts: 35 | Location: Lancaster, Pa | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll not be unhappy !. I've owned Dillon products for MANY YEARS now 550 ,650 and Never once felt I didn't receive every penny's worth of money I spent . I normally don't endorse anybodys products . I had a part that went south several years later. I called explained what it was and I needed a new one not only did they send a new one but an entire assembly to go along with it on the invoice was NC .

I've purchased so many things from them over the years extras tool heads powder tubes Etc. and not once ever regretted dealing with those good folks !. You have a problem they correct it NOW !.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
I have a 650 that I liked so much I bought the 900 shotshell loader because it's based on it.

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had a 650 for five years and load three pistol calibers and two rifle calibers with it. I love it, although there's not enough distance between the shell plate and the mouth of the seat/crimp die to easily turn out .375 H&H.

I don't care much at all for the Dillon pistol seating die, though. I generally use Redding dies in it, although Dillon says that the mouth of their sizing die is a bit larger to facilitate rapid reloading.

Dillon's customer service is unequalled. I have called them several times with questions or requests for parts and had to send the press in for repairs once. They are absolutely first rate, and I don't give out compliments lightly. Wish I could afford another one.

BTW, the spare parts kit for twenty bucks or so is a good addition.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
give complete description and asking price. sam
quote:
Originally posted by Graham Dawson:
I have a 650 XL for sale

posted Hide Post
The XL 650 is complete with 4 shell plates 2sets of dies ,4 conversion kits, video, manual, Parts kit from Dillon,2 tool heads for dies,357 dies are in press.1150.00 + shipping. Graham

Posts: 27 | Location: Dublin, Va. | Registered: 26 August 2002Reply With Quote