Find
Notify
Tools

Reloader 10x
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted
Maybe this has been covered before, sorry if it has.

Does anyone know if anyone has published any load data for this powder yet. I have gotten loads via email from Sierra and Alliant, but I like to read it and depend on someone I have not met for the data. At least I know, with some confidence, that the publisher or writer has done some testing on his data.

Posts: 764 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What are you going to load 10X in? Alliant does have some data on there web site, although it is pretty slim. I contacted Alliant awhile back and asked them for 10X data. They told me that I can use H322 data grain for grain. As always start low and work up.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
Well a 22-250 to start. I have recipes with specific loads but I like to play so I like to know what max and min are.

Posts: 764 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi
I just started using Rx10 in a .222 and I found it to be pretty much the same as H-322 in this caliber. That might be a place to start.

Why do they call it common sense, when it is so uncommon??

Posts: 277 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 10 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in the data for the 22-250 myself. I am currently loading 39 grains of H380 behind a 52gr hornady match bullet. I am quite sure my next powder will be reloader 10x.

Posts: 116 | Location: Eastport Maine | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
22/250 my favorite load 34.5 grs,40gr BT rem 9 1/2 primers.50 gr bullet 32 grs.
Tried the `10x in a 308 with a 130 gr bullet yesterday and it shot very good at 100 yds,speed was a little less than 3000 don't remember exactly.
Tried it in a savage muzzle loader had good speed and good group out to 200 yds,with 250 gr bullet and 72 grains.
Just got a new savage 22/250 model 12 varmit but haven't tried it in it yet.But my sps rem loves it and 40 gr BT

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
H 322 is faster than RL 10 and starting data for Benchmark,& IM3031 can be used...

As always work up.. I have tried it in larger calibers than 22 cal... like 6mm, 6.5 mm and 7 mm....using Benchmark or 3031 starting loads....

This is my observation, not Alliants, so take it with how many grains of salt you want to...

It has proven safe in a batch of my rifles...

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote