Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New bullet
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone have any experience with the new “Tipstrike” bullet from Norma. Just got some in .270/ 140gr. They’re about $45/100

It's the hunt, not the kill

Posts: 17 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,Welcome. I am not familiar with any 270 pill over 130 G but Nosler does make a killer (sorry) bullet. $45.00 per C does not sound too bad.Please keep us informed on performance.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Looks like any plastic tipped soft point.

With the wide choice of hunting bullets available today, there is nothing to beat the hollow point copper bullets.

Nothing!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68798 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

What about bullet style like Lehigh Defense Xtreme Penetrator?

Jiri

Posts: 2111 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Looks like any plastic tipped soft point."

Yes a empty spot in normas productline. Similar to Nosler ballistic tip or Hornady sst. 140gr are the lowest bullet weight allowed for biggame in Sweden.

Tipstrike .30 11g 9,05sek , Ballistic tip 168gr 790sek it looks like norma dont want to sell their bullets in Sweden.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
Saeed:

Jiri

Just like any other copper made bullet.

They are talking a load of rubbish.

Nothing unique about it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68798 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Hornady InterBond to me.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nordic2:

Yes a empty spot in normas productline. Similar to Nosler ballistic tip or Hornady sst. 140gr are the lowest bullet weight allowed for biggame in Sweden.

Tipstrike .30 11g 9,05sek , Ballistic tip 168gr 790sek it looks like norma dont want to sell their bullets in Sweden.

Or the Sierra TGK. Tipped GameKing.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1568 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I agree it does look like any other plastic tipped bullet— however,on the off chance that there is actually some truth to factory propaganda, there are a couple of supposed differences I find interesting.
First, the tip is supposed to delay the rapid expansion just a little before the destruction begins— sort of like the Berger hunting bullet, which I’ve had great results with. Second, there is a pinch in sort of low in the bullets which aids in holding the bullet together for better penetration, much like the interlock. Sort of the best of BT,Berger hunting and interlock all in one bullet. Will be working some up and see how they shoot— then see how they actually work on game.

It's the hunt, not the kill

Posts: 17 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Saeed:

Jiri

Nothing unique about it.

Never seen any design like that previously.

Posts: 2111 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:

Anything hit by that might well be screwed Wink

Posts: 5119 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Not in a rifle bullet but looks vaguely familiar to ads I have seen in one mag or another on a new pistol bullet design.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may well have been snookered by the Lehigh ads and YouTube videos, but I've loaded a bunch of these for my 9mms, 38 Spls and 45s for self defense loads.

The ballistic gel videos seemed persuasive to me, and I hope I never, ever, have to test my decision.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I hope there will be one in .585 caliber for my .585 Hubel Express soon ;-)

Jiri

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Not in a rifle bullet but looks vaguely familiar to ads I have seen in one mag or another on a new pistol bullet design.

Yes, I know it for years now and load it (from .32 to .500). But didn't see that design until I found that Lehigh Defense exists.

Jiri

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
quote:

These look interesting as a BT alternative.

https://www.midsouthshooterssu...ra-gamechangers.aspx

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10174 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am just glad i don't have a need for those type of projectiles.

The deer and other critters i hunt for are not bullet proof.

Yet Big Grin

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Strangest bullet design I have seen since the Woodleigh Hydrostatic solids.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Saeed:

Jiri

Nothing unique about it.

Never seen any design like that previously.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11254 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 250 gr, .452" Extreme Penatraters in my 450 Bushmaster didn't do very well in my AR platform...kept hanging up in the bolt recesses slots but that could also be I haven't gotten the COAL quite right yet. The were accurate...killed every pine cone and target I shot at. Punched through 18" of pine log and kept on going out into the woods...they DO penetrate like a FMJ and you have the choice of copper or brass construction.

Definitely kool looking. Be interesting to know just HOW they worked on game.

Good Hunting tu2 beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 250 gr, .452" Extreme Penatraters in my 450 Bushmaster didn't do very well in my AR platform...kept hanging up in the bolt recesses slots but that could also be I haven't gotten the COAL quite right yet. The were accurate...killed every pine cone and target I shot at. Punched through 18" of pine log and kept on going out into the woods...they DO penetrate like a FMJ and you have the choice of copper or brass construction.

As usual...anything new and different has to be bounced around, whizzed on, schat upon and diss'ed before it is accepted...just look at what the all the mono bullets went through(and STILL going through)..give it a chance/test...go out and kill something.

Definitely kool looking. Be interesting to know just HOW they worked on game.

Good Hunting tu2 beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Hi Bill,Welcome. I am not familiar with any 270 pill over 130 G but Nosler does make a killer (sorry) bullet. $45.00 per C does not sound too bad.Please keep us informed on performance.

was cleaning out loading room yesterday and found several strays that mike .277 exactly and weigh 170 gr. looks like an upside down U on tip, with a small hole on top. wierd looking. to me anyways. found several mixed boxes of bullets and primers from days of yore.

Posts: 1546 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wstrnhuntr:
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
quote:

These look interesting as a BT alternative.

https://www.midsouthshooterssu...ra-gamechangers.aspx

I just got 2 boxes in yesterday from Bruno at $27.65 per box plus about $9 SFRB shipping. Looks like an even better deal now.

Bruno sale.

I used them on 2 antelope this year and they worked about as well as anything else I've ever used which were mostly Hornady 6.5mm 129 grain Interlocks in a 6.5-06 or 6.5-06AI. The first one was DOTG before I even recovered from the recoil. The exit hole in the rib cage was maybe an inch and no meat damage. Hit it just a bit higher than I'd like. The blood spot is the exit hole.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1568 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MOst any of todays bullets will kill deer size game without a problem, if not then one didn't stick the bullet where he intended..For deer and such the Hornady Interlock is as good as any and the Sierras of today are fine...Premium bullets are best used on elk, Moose and big bears, but Ive seen cup and core bullets work just fine on the big stuff..That big 250 gr. Sierra BTSP works on the smallest of antelope and as well on Eland and elk..Its a good bullet.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote