New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee case trimmer...?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone here bought and used a Lee Deluxe Quick Trim Case Trimmer?

I am in initial process on a 425 WR bolt action rifle. Spoon Platoon sold me both forming and reloading dies, and the reamer at a very agreeable price.

Use a magnum bolt face, and eliminate the WR funky rim diameter feeding issues. Using a 404 J case, I ran it into the WR Form and then FL sizing dies. Comes out perfect, except that, using 404J brass, the case needs to be trimmed a bit over 2/10ths of an inch, to 2.64".

The trimmer is about $72, and specific die bodies are only about $12-20. Seems like a very cost effective means of having all of your brass one uniform (.001"+/-) length.

So, anybody got and tried one?

thanks,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Rich

Buy that sucker and then send me the cutter/handle and I will make you a 1/4" hex drill adapter so you can attach a cordless

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
right AFTER I get a few 404J and 425 WR cases trimmed up.

thanks for the offer.

Sorry I missed you in StL last week. We went to a Marlins game last Tuesday and then the Giants this past Monday. They won both. My other prime objective, to load up about sixty pounds at Oberle's was also accomplished.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one and found that it's not as accurate as advertised. You need the individual dies for each caliber you intend to trim. Screws in on top of press and you have to apply upward pressure while trimming. Cutter blade gets hot fast and shavings constantly need to be cleaned from cutter head. You would be better off buying a Lyman Universal Carbide Trimmer from Cheaper than Dirt for about the same price.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
http://www.giraudtool.com/Tri%20Way%20Trimmer.htmunny

I wonder if Giraud would make a cutter

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one. Used it on almost 1000 rounds of .223. I hated it. The plastic adjustment knob is a pita, It wasn't consistant, the trim die fills with brass chips and has to be cleaned out about every twenty rounds. It gets brass trimmings all over, the "chip catcher" is a joke. The more i used it the longer it took to trim a case, even with a drill attached. Eventually it started cutting crooked, making a huge bevel on one side of the neck and a normal bevel on the other. I bought a Trim It II from www.eztrimit.com and couldn't be happier with it. I get a perfect chamfer and debur and every case it exactly the length I set it to.