Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.270 sako short mag
 Login/Join

posted
I have a sako Gregwolf .270 short-mag. I shoot barnes triple shock 140 bullets. The recommended "jump" from the lands is 30 - 70 thousands. I can go no closer than .065 to the lands and still fit the bullet in the magazine. ... closer to the lands is more accurate. .043 has proven to be most accurate, but, again, won't fit in the magazine. I have to load one bullet at a time. Is there a bullet anyone can recommend that will allow me to load closer to the lands and still fit in the magazine. Thanks, Jon

One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the sako, but I own a Tikka in .270 WSM and load 140 gr Nosler AB which are .030" from the lands and 140 gr Berger VLD's which are also .030" off the lands and they fit with a tiny bit of room to spare in my mag. I'd think that the sako and tikka can't be too far off from having the same mag length, afterall they are both made by the same company. But I could be wrong.

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot two .270 WSM's, both Winchesters. A New Haven Model 70 Ultimate Shadow and the New Featherweight Deluxe from South Carolina. I gauge my COL on my magazines and enjoy excellent accuracy with both rifles. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote