THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Sending projectiles out of the US / What to do with free bullets?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sending projectiles out of the US / What to do with free bullets?
 Login/Join

posted
I recently bought a Hornady LNL AP and LNL Classic from Midway and sent them to Australia via a mail forwarding company, as the retail price here is twice what it is in the USA.

Currently on each there is a 500 free bullet (projectile) promotion, but I confirmed with Hornady that they will only send to USA or Canada. My mail forwarder will not send ammo out of the country and the only links I can find say that you need a $250 permit to export ammo from the US (plus I need a form in my country but that is free and quite easy to obtain).

Do any of you have suggestions about how I can get my bullets home? Is the permit required or is there another way to do it? Alternatively where would I go about selling them (would not want them to go to waste)

Thanks

Posts: 4 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: 12 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I suggest you google BATFE, get their email address from their site, and ask them how to get your bullets legally shipped to you.

Likely they will tell you that bit is handled by the U.S. State Department, but as I recall, they also have the contact address for the correct State Department boys which they can give you.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are trying to export component bullets not ammunition.
There probably some difference in the regulations.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sadly, reloading components are restricted for US export (as is ammo, firearms etc). If you want to do this legally, you'll need to go through a formal export procedure. If you happen to come to the US on vacation in the next month or so...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
I've looked into this too & legally you can't export them without the (expensive) State Department license.
If you have someone trustworthy in the US to whom they could be sent, then they could sell them for you on Gunbroker or elsewhere & forward the $. Just make sure you choose the most expensive bullets Hornady offer. Wink

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Everyone for your help, thats a shame about the license - you have to love it when there is a free trade agreement between countries... really helps trade and commerce

Posts: 4 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: 12 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
pm sent

Posts: 1488 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote