New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost River Ballistic Technologies
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone use their bullets? I.e .30 cal with a BC of .931! What are you thoughts?

www.lostriverballistic.com

Regards,
Travis

[ 11-29-2002, 02:22: Message edited by: Atlatl ]

Posts: 41 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$2 per bullet really isn't why I started reloading. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 64 | Location: Bham, Al | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
I'm told they're good bullets--it's just that I can't even see far enough to take advantage of their long range capabilities! [Big Grin]

Good Hunting,

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
<O'Connor's Ghost>
posted
Would ordinary twists in, say, .300 RUM be OK for such a long bullet as the 220?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 10 twist of the factory 300 ultra will work with his 200gr but not the 220gr. I'm going to try the 200's in my Ultra. It has a .797 BC and should be a good LR bullet at Ultra velocities.

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
<Al Smith>
posted
I use their 180 J36 in my .300 Ultra which has a 1-10" twist. I get excellent accuracy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Preliminary testing with the Lost River bullets has induced me to label them as fouling SOBs. They may be one case where moly is mandatory!
It seems the potential might be there but for the money they have to shoot BETTER than conventional bullets and so far they haven't shown this capability. The high BCs are neat but not the final answer anyway. I'll try some more in a different barrel later and see what they do.
The thing is, I can achieve better than 1/2 moa with conventional bullets at long range so these would have to be able to beat this by a substantial margin to get me to blow 2 or 3 bucks downrange with every shot! Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3752 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill, what bullet and combination have you tried so far? My 300 Ultra doesn't foul like my others do, so it will be interesting to try them out. I figured I'd try 3 boxes of the 200gr to see what they'll do in the Ultra. I'll notice right away if it fouls more than usual. I'll post my results.

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been trying the 132gr 6.5s in an 8 twist barrel. If I clean well then shoot three shots they will easily go into 3/8". Further shooting opens the group so that 5 shots will be 7/8 and tenshots about 2 1/2 (that's right two and one half)inches. Since this rifle will quite regularly put 10 sierras into 5/8 or less I don't consider this to be performance! Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3752 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope mine don't do that, that sucks. The BC is impressive, but I will NOT clean MY barrel every five [Frown] rounds, even if it had a BC of 2.0 [Eek!]

The Sierras will work fine if it turns out that way.