New
Find
Notify
Tools

Autoscale
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have or have had experience with the formerly AMT now Lyman autoscale? I've been wanting to try one for a long time and have never seen anyone post about it here. Since it has a beam scale built into it on the front it should be foolproof as far as the actual weighing part goes.

Posts: 323 | Location: Keithville, La. USA | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
<CalleT>
posted
Hi,
I have used the Autoscale since 1994 and have experienced that when loading with mainly very slow rifle powder it can be some hang ups.
This probebly because to the fact that the grains are comparetly big. I have used it when loading batches of couple thousends of 6.5x55 Sw
at the time. Even when loading small quantaties it is really good, due to the fact that it is easy to change between differnt weights.
I'm pleased with the Autoscale maybe there is better stuff out there but the Autoscale has fullfilled my needs. [Big Grin]
Good Shooting
CalleT

<333-OKH>
posted
Do a search, type in autoscale. The subject has come up a couple times. Opinion is mixed, I like mine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Taking OKH's advice and looking through search I think that most that had the older company's unit did not have as much luck with theirs as when Lyman built it. Either the unit works great or they get a lemon. I will try it when I have the $200 jingling.

Posts: 323 | Location: Keithville, La. USA | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
<phurley>
posted
W Wilson -- I have an autoscale I have used for years and would not do without it. I also have an RCBS Digital scale and powder dispenser, that I use less because of the need to Calibrate each and everytime you use it. The autoscale has the powder I shoot in four different rifles, all I have to do is set the beam and push the button and I have a load in nine seconds. The digital takes calibrating, warming up and is touchy. I do use it with another powder I use in large quantities at times therefore I don't mind the setup and calibration time for a long nights session. Try it I know you will like it, Lyman will back it up. Good shooting. [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had my autoscale for several years. When friends come over for a visit while I am reloading they go home and buy one. The only problem I have found with it is that mine is very sensative to being level. I must insure the three legs are balanced and level, like any scale. The difference is that you level front to back side to side. I have a set place on my bench where I use it and have drawn circles around the points for each leg.

It is so much faster that the RCBS and PACT digital scales and despensors that I have used. You will find in the instructions plug it in to let it warm up before starting. I have found that this is necessary.
Steve

Posts: 439 | Location: Kansas by way of Colorado and Montana | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote