New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Sierra Gamekings
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope that Sierra does not change it's bullet designs as long as I use them I know I can buy a soft fast expanding bullet that is accurate. I know not to slam them into shoulders and like their quick expansion on ribs and lung tissue. The ballistic tips at first were just too quick to expand.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Quarter Round
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Quarter Round,
"premium bullets" and "super premium bullets" It is simply the nomenclature of the gunworld and is used constantly in all your shooting magazines to describe bullet construction....

You are right Ray and I admit to being one of those stubborn jackasses that will not like it. Todays premium will be tommorows ho-hum.

one of us
Picture of MLC
posted Hide Post
I have very limited hunting experience so my input may be negligable at best.
I have used Sierras for 3 of the four deer I've shot with a rifle.
I use moderate velocity calibers which I think makes a difference when critiquing bullets.
I've shot two does(140 and 160#'s) with Sierras 6.5 160g SPSP out of a 6.5x55 24" tube, both bullets made excellent entry and exit wounds, tore the innards of the animal to pieces and were not recovered.
Both animals ran a very short distance before expiring.
I've also used the Sierra 165g SPBT in 308 out of a 20' barrel with full devastating penetration of a large buck.
I've also used a Nosler 150g BT and had full penetration of the shoulder, heart lungs and off side of a medium sized PA buck.
All my shots have been under 100 yards and closer to 50 yards.
I would use a tougher bullet if I was using my 7mm mag or an '06 based 25,26, or 27 caliber.
But for my 22-2700fps cartridges I don't doubt the Sierras.

Posts: 233 | Location: Solebury, PA | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
One last scientific statement and I am done!

THEY SUCK!

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've read a lot of good and bad about the Gamekings and my only experience with them is that they wouldn't group as well as other bullets in my 308, 300WSM, or 7 mag so I don't use them.

Posts: 12603 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote