New
Find
Notify
Tools

Year around bear plot?
 Login/Join

Picture of Jason Pitzer
posted
I was wondering is there anyway to make a place where bear will be attracted to all year long? Besides a dumpsite Roll Eyes like food that will supply them for spring, summer, fall, and winter? Fruit trees berry patchs? Id like to get a bigger population of bears around here Thx.

I believe strongly, that the flesh of the living animal is something very sacred. If you cannot bear freezing int he mud and wind of winter whilst you find them, if you cannot kill them yourself....and if you cannot stomach the stench and feel of guts and blood......
You have not the right to eat meat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason, in the Peace country of BC it is darn near impossible to keep those Blackies out of the oat fields. Either that or place a feeder with old donuts out for them. OH, maybe that last one wouldn't work. The poor bears would end up in competition with the cops and they are armed! Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Jason Pitzer
posted Hide Post
Yea its a big no no around here but alot of people do it anyways. Oats humm that would work for quite a few things huh?

I believe strongly, that the flesh of the living animal is something very sacred. If you cannot bear freezing int he mud and wind of winter whilst you find them, if you cannot kill them yourself....and if you cannot stomach the stench and feel of guts and blood......
You have not the right to eat meat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
black bears love beechnuts but I am not sure the beechnut trees will survive your cold winters.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw a bear hunting show on TV which took place in Russia, the bear came to a green oat fild like kids to a candy store.