Find
Notify
Tools

Slow setting epoxy
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted
We have all done some good work with fast setting epoxies and cat situations. But does anyone have some advice for me on using very slow setting epoxies. Here is what I had in mind. I want to bottle up some real slow setting epoxy and label it as something like "SILKY SMOOTH CAT FURBALL PREVENTION TONIC" and leave a bottle or two on the petstore shelf with a "FREE SAMPLE" tag. I figure Kitty Boo's mommy would take a bottle home and gently wipe it on. A day or two later Kitty Boo would be frozen up solid, get taken to the vet who would really prefer dogs, and the owner would end up paying for putting kitty away.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
Oooh, that stuff is really thick, unless it is warmed first. (BEFORE mixing, PLEASE!) Don't forget to put that warning on the bottles.

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kitty Putty? Confused Fun for the entire family! thumb It probably won't bounce very well though. Frowner

I dunno Ned, it would be a race against shelf life, greed and blends. Probably greed would win out, see if you can find some with a 48hour set...I've seen 24 hour, but it's not common.

Dan

POTYHC

www.ImLikingThe.IdeaThough Big Grin

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Buy a bottle of flea spray, take it home and dump it out, clean bottle, fill with hairspry !!! return to store...

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
howbout good old elmers glue. Should dry nicely in fur

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Not such a good idea, huh? How about some heat setting epoxy that sets up at internal cat temperature and I market it for stopping up loose cat bowels?

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Take a can of fast expanding foam insulation and relabel it "Kitty Oral Hygene Spray". A few
seconds after they spray it into the cat's mouth it will expand and seal the airway. The cat's
chokin sound will be muffled by the screamin of the owner when they realize they have just killed
their beloved feline.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe it should be labeled "Kitty High Colonic"? Ya know how them Yuppie things like to anthropomorphize and all that...

Dan

POTYHC

www.Crat.ColonoscopyPreparation?

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote