Find
Notify
Tools

Update on project cat removal
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted
My GF and I have transported 17 cats to the pound so far .
The guy that owns the farm has relocated some also ( I don't know or care where he takes them ).

I also have caught 3 coon , 5 pousim and a bunch of rats .
All vermin have been givin swimming lessons in a 55 gallon barrel ( still in the trap )
I have caught the farmers puppy 3 times .
It likes cat food also Confused Confused

I have not heard anything from the Battle Axe ( GF mother ) in over a week clap clap

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
johnch-

I detected a contradiction in terms in your post. You said you and GF had transported 17 crats to the pound, but also said that "all vermin have been given swimming lessons"

Am I to discern that a man such as yourself does not consider crats to be "vermin?" Confused

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my neighborhood (when I lived in town) I was the one who didn't own a crat. As a result, my yard always smelled like a crat urine box. I got a Havahart cat trap and transported them to the pound. That was a bit unhandy so I made a box for the trap to fit in and filled it with water. That was very handy. I also caught several possums and managed to close the trap EMPTY one night when I smelled a skunk in the neighborhood. Glad he didn't get into the trap.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
johnch,
Glad to hear things have stabilized on the home front. Under the circumstances shipping the little abominations off to a euthanasia facility is a good compromise.
Even though it's not as satisfying as the Kugelschlag of a CB on cat flesh, it achieves the primary aim of all this, sending the feline trespassers off to almost certain demise.
Good for you, all around. thumb

One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
quote:
...managed to close the trap EMPTY one night when I smelled a skunk in the neighborhood. Glad he didn't get into the trap.

That is how I dispose of skunks. Catch them in the Havahart trap and dip it in the creek. They can't spray if they can't lift their tail. I was a little nervous the first time I approached a trap with a live skunk in it, but I've caught and "bathed" 8 of them so far. It helps to hold a sheet in front of you so that he can't see your feet. I've been told that if you gut shoot them with a .22 LR they won't spray, they'll just crawl back to there den and die. I haven't tried it yet. Just hope that the den isn't under the deck. Eeker The neighbors deck would be ok though. Big Grin

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote