Find
Notify
Tools

It is time....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted
It is time to post the "Free Cat" picture so as to start out the new year properly. Does anyone have it? Thanks in advance. I might also add that I would like to see some small game stories if any are around. I was pretty much squirrel "skunked" this year with the population down, west nile, etc., and am trying to get into a turkey hunting frame of mind for the spring. I usually get a couple cats or a leftover dumpster dog starting in late February while rambling around scouting for turkeys. Extraordinary number of red foxes hereabouts this year too. Thinking of working on crows a bit too pretty soon also. Every new year is different, eh? ned

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sir, if you were interested in squill, you needed to come to Iowa. First, to reciprocate your goodwill and Second, to thin out the incredibly fecund squill in our area.

BTW, where is Mortie w/his 30 "bone" 06 when you need him???

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a Buffalo and a couple of chickens this year, but the squill beat the snot outta me! Just couldn't connect with either the 22 or the 50 Hawken. It might have turned out better but my favorite place to play was made more or less inaccessable by the no mind logging truck drivers up there! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Lotta squill here as well, with the 15 inches of fresh snow they end up leaving some interesting trails across the snow to reach my bird feeders. Sooner or later they will annoy me enough, by hogging too much bird seed and corn that I will be FORCED to thin them out.

Same with those nasty starlings.

Dont'cha hate being forced?

Merry Christmas!

Posts: 19166 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote