New
Find
Notify
Tools

House up for sale in the 'hood
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Nice place. Big place, big ticket. Owned by one of those...people that have trouble voting down in Palm Beach. Owns an art gallery. Need I say more?
Never really got to know the guy well, few conversations here and there. Said he was gonna retire here in 2004, then the storms came and upset his plans. Rented it for awhile. Bunch of red necks with bull dogs first time, more recently a black family with a puppy on a leash. Honest truth, I met the daughter one evening right after they showed up, and while the puppy was hangin' over the edge of the floating dock I suggested she be careful, telling her about Li'l Bob...didn't see a soul after that for the duration of their lease. Damn strange if you ask me. Probably if I'd NOT told her and the pup had been licked down the hatch I'd be conversing with Al, maybe Jesse or that ignorant McKinney wench.

None of that has much to do with the post...just some local color(no pun intended). Well, yesterday the fella was up cleaning up after the house was vacated, chatting across the creek. "Hey John, you know there's a couple of crats living under your house?" Now I'm thinking he'll get pissed about crat piss and flea under the place, but NOOOOOooooooo. "Great, they'll keep the rats and snakes away.", he sez.

My Gawd, it is sad that someone should get so wrapped up in city life that they completely detach from reality. Frowner A) We got no rats because we got snakes and OWLS. Lots of them. B) Most of the snakes around here could take a good whack at eating a crat. Dunno that they would, but Black Momma is close to 8, maybe 9 feet long now. Fair match I'd say. C) I tried to be neighborly about it, but confirming my suspicions that he's a tofu eatin' yogurt suckin' liberal idget was a mistake as far as the crats are concerned. I've been patterning them for some time and my personal crat disposer is looking a bit thin.

Birds rejoice! animal Gimme a little while, I'll have a pic on this one, or two. Cool I'd really like to put Bob(Bob the .257, not Li'l Bob. He's part of the clean up crew.) to work but will likely find another and more creative solution.

Dan

POTYHC

www.BeenAwhile.MightBeRusty animal

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Danno,

Break your new neighbor in slowly, I am sure he will see the light.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DD, Aren't you gonna miss all that fun when you move?
Welcome back Ann! thumb derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
Dan, sounds like that jackass needs some "educating" thumb

Perhaps trapping all the crats and putting them into his rental property for a week or two, to properly "cratify" the place will realign his view on them.

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan, have you figured out how to translocate those pet 'gators of yours to your new crib?

I for one don't relish the thought of no more 'Adventures with Bob' stories. You are the only one I know that has his own leather embossed crat disposal.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi there Annie, long time. Confused Hope all is well in your world. thumb

I do consider residents of South Windy State incorrigible, beyond all hope of salvation. Frowner Even family. What I learned in a lifetime they cannot assimilate in a year or so. Darwin's Theory at play.

So, the game is on. Have a little patience, I've a number of annoying interludes with Dr. Kratzenblasten scheduled to which I must attend.

I'm reluctant to say that my lizard friends will have to remain behind when I head for the north country. Li'l Bob informs me that he has no issues with snow, but the hills are something he won't abide. He does not think waterfalls are a natural part of the order of things. Frowner

Dan

POTYHC

www.ImShakinIt.Boss

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm reluctant to say that my lizard friends will have to remain behind when I head for the north country.
Dan

Maybe you could get that Erwin fellar to help you move him, than feed him to bob for fun.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool. Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Posts: 75 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 02 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Danno,

How far north you gonna go?

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann, looking to buy some acreage in Misery, down southeast of Springfield. Likely won't be up that way for a few years..2-3 maybe, but would like to tie up the land now. You interested in a waterfront lot or house with direct Gulf access? Or both? Cheap...by Florida standards....

Dan

POTYHC

www.PT.Barnum

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann:
Let's not scare Digital Dan out of his commitment to the glorious state of Missouri. Now Dan has assured one and all that he can easily control our occasional tornadoes, but he hasn't yet heard about our special storms that feature 2-inch hail. (Just ask my roof about the Saturday before Easter 2006.) Remember, don't tell Dan until he's healthy enough to try batting practice with our "special precipitation."

one of us
posted Hide Post
Awww, I ain't afeared of no hail. Flew thru a thunderstorm once not far from where I'm livin'...kinda noisy, made a damn mess out of the plane but it weren't my nickel. Was more concerned about the Cherokee pilot that was screamin' on freq., reportin' altitudes he used to be at. Like mine. Nope, it's the turbulence that'll get ya, damn near every time. Anyway, my mom is a golfer, 2" is about right for chippin' practice.

What really bugs me is when sailboats land on your roof, sometimes they get knocked off by VW micro buses. Truth is, Sporting Crats is a big PITA too.

Dan

POTYHC

www.CircularWind.Sucks