Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Method of Crat Placement
 Login/Join

posted
I have gone through the archives and believe I have found an original crat transplant technique. I was waiting for my last truck of concrete to pump out when I see Mr. Crat make an appearance. He appeared to be ignorant of my intent as I tried ever so hard to coax him into arms range. He was almost there and he must've felt the coolness escaping from my chest. He wouldn't come within my grasp. (If I'd only had the 5# sledge handy) As I was trying to apprehend this crat I was thinking just how far could I get him to go through a concrete hose. If he could hold his breath long enough and withstand the 3000psi push on his arse he might make it. At least for the first 150 feet of three inch, the question I was having was could he make the transition from the 3 inch to the two and a half inch? If he makes it through a couple of the corners in the three inch he should be softened up enough to handle the two and a half. Wagers have been placed and I have to return to this locale on wednesday so if the placing crew can catch said crat by then we will find out. If goes sucessful will have to change the name of said machine from concrete pump to cancrat pump.

I'll have to start voting as a "pumpacrat"

Posts: 21 | Location: oregon | Registered: 09 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am sure a cat will go through a concrete pump with out packing up, no proplem with a swing valve rock pump. I think the skin might pack up a pea rock ball pump though.

Ive pumped a Mcdonalds Big Mack trough my ball pump , thats no problem. If I was able to chop a cat in 3 pieces, I think I might be able to get him through .

Wierdest thing I had come out of a mixer was a dead coyote. It was laying on the screen . I hosed it off and saw it was a coyote. Maybe got buried in the sand pile at the plant.

Who do you run a pump for in Oregon?

Rick

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
GSP-
-self employed
I was gonna insert the lil fellow at the 5 to 4 reducer. I didn't want the agitator paddles scruffing him up againgt the mud. I could leave a little room under the grate and just toss him in. I'd hate to see him get chopped up before he had a chance to make into the pipeline.(for the wagering purposes) Might have to bring a couple extras for trial runs. I have seen a pretty good size bull snake make it through in 2 pieces. A guy grabbed it and said "whats this " and it moved he started doing the snake dance trying to let go of it.

...could give a new meaning to Schwing....

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a small peagravel business. The readymix plants or family members of the owners of ready mix, with pumps are putting us out of business in Calif. Im about done with it. I cant make a liveing.

Where in Oregon are you? I was up checking out Eugene area , and have ass attempted to get on with Brundige Bone in boise. The pay is so low in Idaho, its a joke. Champion in Post Falls pays is guys $12 if they are lucky. No thanks , thats poverty. Mexicans wont even work for that.

You must be good friends with someone at readymix??

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Being in with the redi mix plant can sure help. We dont get to much pea gravel work. mostly 3/4 stuff. Have you sniffed around central oregon at all (Bend). That place is going nuts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have watched the results of a tennis ball leaving the end of a hose, broke a guys wrist and threw him off of the wall forms! Eeker I can't imagine what would happen with a crat. derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Would the cat meet code as rebar?

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Hoffa would approve.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old Elk Hunter:

Uh-uh, fiber filler and binder! Kind of like Fiber Mesh! That sound about right GSP? thumb derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old Elk Hunter:

Crat would definately be classified as "deleterious material"

There is nothing that cannot be accomplished with brute force and ignorance

Posts: 145 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"deleterious material"

The first part of that is "delete". 'Tis all that needs be said.

Dan

POTYHC

www.BeingOf.FewWordsTonight

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
That's pretty neat,,,The retro thing is picking up speed,,like the new line of mustangs,,A shop opened up in town recently, called the retro depot,,,Steeping into that place is like going back a few decades,,without the funky smell of granny's house(no disrespect)Any ways,,This is like going back to the horse hair plaster,,sitting in class seeing how long of one you could pick out of the wall without getting caught,so really it's just keeping up with the "in" thing!!!!,Have fun!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Tried the crat in the hose bit, dumped him in the hopper. It was a fresh specimen but you wouldn't believe the stink. The hose man didn't think it was to funny, crat came out in a few different pieces. They have a lot more in'em than you would think....tomorrows crat sh*t smells just as bad today.......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sure the masons will love working with the smell of rotting crat while they are finishing up. If exposed wouldn't that leave a big hole after the decaying process completes?

Posts: 47 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
If exposed wouldn't that leave a big hole after the decaying process completes?

You ask this like it would be a bad thing? Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
It's bad for the concrete!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muffin
posted Hide Post
WOW....

thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's the latest rage amongst gay designers... "Distressed Masonry" .

Dan

POTYHC

www.ThisOld.House

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
The batch plants are always sticking admixes in to cut cost, fly ash, Pozzolith and such. Did the lab take cylinders, I want a 3 day break to see if crats work as cement replacer???

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote