Find
Notify
Tools

New Crat Smacker
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted
Ok guys I just sold my TC 44 mag so I can finish my Kawasaki Trike project, when its done I'll have in the works of a max crat smacker. I want to get a NEF 44mag rifle, have it reamed out to a 44-500 S&W !!!! Does any one know if this shell has been done or what ? Say with a 20" BBL and a 2.5 - 7 power scope ?

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Well,,I dunnow,,in big bores,,The .44 is a hell of a round,,but I easily pass it up in my contender .45 colt,,and the white tail I bag act like they got hit by a cement truck,,.44 lovers will probably bust on me for that statement,,Have fun!,,Now about 12 years ago,,a bunch of us were hanging around shooting what ever was laying around,,we stacked up some spent fire extinguishers,,,There was a s/w revolver in .44 mag,,and a black hawk in .41 mag,,both had like 5 or 6" barrels,,The .44 made dents,,,,The .41 cut them in half. In comparing my 1911 and my usp .40 The .40 is a bit flatter shooting,,and seems to flip the pins over a bit quicker,,more of a snap than a thud,,I guess what I'm getting at is maby think about a .40/500sw,,I think you'd have one wicked ass round,,Have fun!!And Kill'em ALL!!,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote