New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virgin Territory
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got back from returning the most beautiful granddaughter in the world to her parents. While there, I noted a group of krittens in the back yard sitting beside the storage shed. Knowing how I raised my son and the fact he had borrowed my Hav-A-Hart several months ago (and has caught 4-5 crats and krittens) I knew they were not his. Said he couldn't set the trap because the animal control officer doesn't work on weekends--I asked him what his point was. Got a dumb look, then a slowly widening smile. However, I have to stay on the good side of the grandbaby's mom, so I couldn't do the elimination routine. But I left him a couple of suggestons. Best part is there were two options--the neighbor behind has a loud-mouthed aggressive dog that tries to eat the krittens through the fence. Figure I could just trap them and toss them over the fence one at a time and let nature take its course. Also, they have a swimming pool in the yard well within grenade toss range of the fence.

So, I left the suggestions with Son #1 and came home. Next trip I'll take the Sheridan.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
It's good to see that the younger generation is still open to suggestions from their elders. beer

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's what I love about hunting DG, every situation is different, requiring a fresh look and some thought. Good exercise for the brain! thumb

Dan

POTYHC

WWW.ItCouldBeTheKaserine.OrNormandy.YouNeverKnow

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote