New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOT Cat related
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
But if there's one thing I hate worse than a cat, it's a hawkeye. Yesterday, my vastly underrated college alma mater, Iowa State University, destroyed their #8 ranked in-state rival, the University of Iowa, 23-3. And if I can't crow about it here, where can I?

And I'm positive some cats were killed by cars driving to and from the game, though I had drill and couldn't attend.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back in '59-'63 I lived in the burbs of Okie City. Had the pleasure of watching Nebraska do the same to OU and usher in the end of a dynasty. I don't have anything against Okies mind you, but their foam-at-the-mouth focus on the pigskin is surreal. Back then I'd never even heard of football, having been raised in backwater places in the Windy State, and well, it was a shocker! Red Face ONly in the 6th grade when I got there I was a social leper because I didn't play. Well, I had more use for a scattergun back then than doing 2-a-days in the Oklahoma August temps. And I didn't have a high opinion of girls at the time so it didn't matter much.

Anyway, I was the only person in the end zone seats that day with a Cornhusker pennant...lucky I made it out alive! I think Oklahoma went into shock that afternoon, probably the only reason I survived. Funny, now that I ponder it, I don't recall ever seeing any crats in the woods back then. That might reflect well on the Okies in retrospect. thumb

Well, good job by the alma mater, and good for you! And for ISU too. Nothing like knocking off somebody in the top 10 to make your day! Wink Sorry you had the drill, I guess goin' to the game would have been more enjoyable. The military out there, they aren't big fans I guess, or they would have scheduled around the big game.

This response only makes faint reference to crats. Rated "G".

BTW 120mm, is the "mater" part of Alma Mater pronounciated "matter", like in "It don't...", or is it "mater", like in 'mater? Confused I mean like t-o-m-a-t-e-r. Should I inquire to Dan Quayle? bewildered You see, I never really claimed allegiance to any of the schools I got shingles from, being all liberal cesspools of screwed up thinkin'. Frowner

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.USC.AmongOthers

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, neither. It's pronounced maaaahter, like locals in Taxachussets pronounced Baaaahston.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Holy Tomaaaaahter! jump

Regards,

Dan

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
"G" rating for sure. You guys eat what you get asking for those things. I want a mater, sounding similar to the "alligator ate the CAT"! Deservedly, the Deacons only had one win in four years no matter who they opposed, and that was a simple mistake.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 120mm:
But if there's one thing I hate worse than a cat, it's a hawkeye. Yesterday, my vastly underrated college alma mater, Iowa State University, destroyed their #8 ranked in-state rival, the University of Iowa, 23-3. And if I can't crow about it here, where can I?

And I'm positive some cats were killed by cars driving to and from the game, though I had drill and couldn't attend.

Hey, I got a noncat related story!! I was about 5 when my Dad told me he would give me a NICKEL for every groundhog tail I delivered!! After much planning, I set the first set of traps, on a sat night. After church the next day, I headed to the traps, and found tight chain!!! I remember thinking this is a funny looking groundhog just as the skunk let go from 2 feet into my face!! My buddy, border collie/shepherd mix, got me home, where my Mom moticed I had not changed from Sunday clothes, Dad grabbed the 22 and left, I got to bath outside in tomatoes (homecanned) using most of our supply for winter, clothes got to visit the incinerator, dog got to take a bath with me and the tomatoes. And I didn't even get a nickel!!

Does this count as a noncat story? Smiler

At least I got to wear jeans to church for a while!!!

I still don't like canned tomatoes!!!!

Sacred cows make the best burgers.

Good Shooting!

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote