New
Find
Notify
Tools

cratblastn dvd rates an F
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
OK so i order the feral crat dvd. What a bummer; shows 2 guys yapping away in their truck, walking through 2' high grass, jumping into a creek, petting a cratin, and at the very end they shoot one crat. And they did that with a 22. BOO. ath the very least they could have blasted it with some high stepping centerfire. One crat, One GD crat. BOO BOO BOO

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, tell us. How do you really feel about cats?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oh i just love em to death!!!

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
First, don't discount the .22 lr on cats. It is, first and foremost, the .375 H&H Magnum of cat-hunters everywhere.

Second, I also love cats to death.

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Yes, but was it fair chase? Not everyone can do Mogambo. Not everyone is a Speelbirg. Still it does sound a bit amateurish.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch, I'm sorry to hear that. Frowner Obviously no Peckinpah in the director's gene pool or he'd a used something...spectacular. beer

I think the .22 rf is a damn great tool in the hands of a skilled marksman who knows the limitations of the cartridge(few), and himself. It is deadly. I theorize that if you could tune in the sound of all the RF's firing in America so's to hear them...well, American would sound like a crazed theater popcorn machine. Red Face The background noise would be the thumps of stuff hittin' the ground. Or the peals of mirth...

But this ain't about the lowly .22 RF. No sir, it's about cinematography and special effects induced by lots of kinetic energy. I've seen two critters die with aplomb(here in the USA), one with a .50 muzzle loader, the other a crat that tried to stop an 85 grain .257 Ballistic Tip. Both were pretty damn spectacular, either would have been better for the video than a .22. JMO.

There was the time I saw a pot bellied pig catch a 2.75" FFAR with a 17# HE warhead...quick fuzed...but that's another story. Suffice it to say there weren't shit left for the mess kit. Frowner

Dan

POTYHC

www.MyVerbiage.RunnethOver

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
Popped a beaver this weekend with my 7mm Rem. Mag., 140 gr. TSX. About 50 yards out, me on a high bank above by maybe 25'. Caught him/her at the juncture of the neck and body, rascal did a complete flip and a half, slinging stuff as it went. That was pretty spectacular! Made a decent chum slick too.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote