New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snowshoe Success
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Finally got a chance to take the boys out for snowshoes.

Posts: 512 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Nice, especially with the rifles! Last year in Maine we had fun with the snowshoes, although we cheat and use scatterguns. Smiler What's the lad on the left carrying, one of those Henry survival rifle jobbies?

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a Springfield M6 survival gun that we picked up at a local show a couple of years ago. It's got a .22 Hornet over a .410. I thought about picking up a .22LR version of it, but figure the Hornet would be handy if we ran across a fox or coyote. The other is an NEF in .17 HMR.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Got it, and thanks. Here's a couple shots of the paddle-footed hairy jumpers from Back East.

Cheers, and thanks for sharing!

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ausome, what a great way to spend time with your Boys,their plenty proud!!!!!! super job dad and boys thanks 4 shareing!!! regards jjmp dancing

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We sure could of used one of those Beagles! Wonder if I could get one of my Newfoundlands to bulldoze through the brush.clap Our method is to walk along the trails and scan the brush until we spot one and then manuever for a clear shot. Kind of a spot and stalk for rabbits! Little sister got in on the action yesterday.