THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Would This Scenario Call For Two Different Calibers?..

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would This Scenario Call For Two Different Calibers?..
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted
We got some pretty big Tom's around here plus some of the normal sized ones.
If I see something like this, should I be carrying two rifles(or hire a gunbearer) or just stick to what I have?.........

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RareBear
posted Hide Post
Big kitty.

Hire a gunbearer who runs slower than you.

Posts: 166 | Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd rock from the sun, Milkyway Galaxy | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Stick to what you have, as long as it's .416 or higher. Take the spotted on with the first shot... It's always the ones you underestimate that get you. The black one is a "can't miss" shot.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use the S10

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
High capacity magazines have proven themselves for pretty big Toms and others. Autoloading capability is helpful too.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bait the suckers and hit them from ambush with a 12 ga. Slug into the black one, buck into Spot, slug the black one again and then wait a mo to see if anything is still twitching.
Alternative option, Bait them and use a command detonated home-built Claymore. That way you can video the episode for us! Wink derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Purrfect for my Cape Gun. 12/.405, they're even on the right side.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.CratzenDoubleGuns.DoubleBoom

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got 1 40mm m203 grenade 2 25mm tank rounds and a whole belt of 7.62. and im not that fast a runner. My price is $50 for every hour im by your side.

Well polish my balls and serve me a milkshake!

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even with you payin me $50 an hour I still ain't coming all the way to Georgia! Wink Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote