THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Re: Went to Cabela's Friday in Hamburg, PA...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Went to Cabela's Friday in Hamburg, PA...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Bass Pro Shops has a place like that in Islamorada down in the Keys. It's got a sistership of Hemingways boat, and the aquarium has tarpon, bonefish and permit among other things. It's kind of a fishing version of the Cabellas store I guess. If you want to drop 2-3 grand on a fly rod it's the place to go. It you want to shoot cats Key Largo is better stocked.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Sportsmans.Guide

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got back last week from the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, MO. AND they had a Tiger Muskie in their aquarium. It was just loafing along near the surface, and all the other fish were giving it a VERY wide berth. One of their Stripers had a nice upper and lower bite scar on it's side, otherwise, I am at a loss as to how they can keep a Muskie in the same tank with all those other fish.

Anyone know how this is done?

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
120, That's a good question - My guess is that they simply keep it very well fed - muskies being muskies, however, means they're still gonna try to kill everything in the tank. I remember when I first got obsessed with them and was reading everthing I could find on 'em. One thing kinda stuck out: they need five acres or more of territory because they're big nasty territorial eating machines. The Hamburg store did have a mounted one in the fly shop, which is somewhat ironic as you'd have to be drinkin' drano to go after a Muskie with fly gear - even the heavy saltwater stuff really isn't made for that... I was looking at their 300 dollar fly rods (I want a light 7 fotter for creek fishing) and then I spotted a "house" rod for 85 bucks - hmm, no choice there! This fall, I plan to hit the Deleware for Tiger's if I can get the time and the money - I may have to get a new pole for the nasty beasties.

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote