Find
Notify
Tools

Worth watching
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
Heard a commotion a couple of houses down the street. A lady was screaming for help because her cat was stuck high up in a tree. The owner of the house where the tree was located was screaming at her to get the hell off his property and quit worrying about the damn cat.
Finally the fire department arrived and the guy was so pissed he refused to let the fire department on his property. The yelling got louder near the tall spindly tree. The guy goes into his garage and gets a chain saw to solve the problem forever he says. He fires up the saw and glances towards his back yard where his three dogs are raising hell due to all the commotion. He cuts the tree with skill and watches it fall very accurately into his back yard. The dogs seem to know what is going on and nail the cat as soon as the tree hits the ground. Suddenly everything gets quiet. Then a slow round of applause starts from the neighborhood men who had watched the events unfold. The guy takes a bow and goes back into his garage.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Simply wonderful! This great land is full of men of common sense and courage to see the job done right.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Gawd, that rivals the best of Kipling and Poe, all in one sitting. OEH, I am humble in your presence. beer

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.HasHeGot.AnyMoreTrees?

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Personally, I liked the part in the "Police Acadamy" movie with Officer Tackelberry. He had no problem getting the womans crat out of the tree. Thats the approach I would use, as I do not thing my Poulan will start easy bawling. The arsenal always works. thumb

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
My hat is off to this fine man.
It takes a certain degree of skill to drop a tree exactly where you want it to fall.
Such skill was displayed that the branches didn't even brush his dawgs.Good job.
Is there an address as to where I can send him a can of two/cycle oil and a replacement sapling? Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Too cool!!I could never get that lucky,,,,Poletax,,you send the oil,,,I'll contribute the tree,,,Red maple,,or,,red wood,,his choice,,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I left out the part where one of his dogs brought the dead cat to him just like a lab would fetch a dead duck. This got the lady to screaming hysterically.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Did he give her the cat back ?

HAVE FAITH IN GOD.

Posts: 206 | Location: Alberta ,Can | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know. The dog dropped the cat and the guy went back in his house. I left then also.
Got tired of listening to the woman scream and wale. I could have understood if it was her kid or a fine german shorthair pointer.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
OEK,

I have never seen a GSP that could climb a tree. A kid yup, but not a dog. bewildered

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:
OEK,

I have never seen a GSP that could climb a tree. bewildered

Hog Killer

That's because a GSP don't need to climb trees, they are quick enough to get the crat on the ground. Big Grin

There was a nice GSP who posted here about a year ago, looking for Birman... Wonder where he went? bewildered

/Marterius Cool

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that a GSP had climbed a tree. I only meant that she should only be that upset over the death of a child or a GSP, and definitely not over a cat. I especially like GSP's. Great hunting dogs and friends.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old Elk Hunter:
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that a GSP had climbed a tree. I only meant that she should only be that upset over the death of a child or a GSP, and definitely not over a cat. I especially like GSP's. Great hunting dogs and friends.

OEH,

I thought that might be what you ment to say, was just making sure.

Hog Killer