THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Toward a General Theory of Relativity

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toward a General Theory of Relativity
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted
I have really been an opportunist at this cat management business. There have been many occasions when local cat depredations required planned action to save the neighborhood. Most episodes have resolved in my favor with extreme prejudice to the nasty critters. Some few have escaped. I have mentioned some of these travails and triumphs from time to time. In a more scientific awakening I recently discovered that a radio shack wireless remote control vehicle initially resembling a Hummer could aid in special operations around the neighborhood and yard. Base specs are 300 yard control range, 2-speeds forward and reverse, remotely controlled lights and horn (separate),25 mph scale speed 60*steering r or l, self righting capability, and 20* hill climb capability with 1 1/2" mudders on. I figured that if I took off most of the bodywork I could either mount a hollowed out crow decoy, two dollar store black rubber rats (12" long with whippy tails and red eyes), or a small stuffed chimpanzee with a smiling rubber face and a mouth squeaker in place of the Hummer bodywork. Initial testing involved running the chassis in various camo disguises from the patio out back down the driveway and a full block away in all directions as long as I maintained visual contact for control. Experimentation let me hook up a battery operated aquarium pump on the controller horn switch to run the chimp's squeaker at a teriffic volume, or to play my varmint caller cassette via the light switch with various tapes with speakers hidden under the rats or the crow. I could make that thing a self-propelled wild animal torture fight the sound of which would curdle your blood. I have earlier posted about my jogging/baiting trips about the 'hood in the deepening dusk three times a week. Well, I had an invisible trapless trapline going, and now a way to troll for Crats and other varmints. I had even put tuna drippings on the chimp for that extra touch. The first for real run of my invention went off last evening. Binoculars told me that the big orange SOB with the one eye and the torn ear was waiting for a snack down at the corner. He followed the bait up the street in a series of charges and feints as I manoevered that shreiking chimp agressively back and forth. The cat followed it to my driveway and up into the backyard. Pretty dark now and I hadn't attracted any gawkers. As planned, I ran the catmobile into the base of a tree about 40 yards behind the overturned picnic table on the patio. The chimp squalled like vice grips were clamped on his butt. The picnic table is where where I was by now. My rifle was there too. At the moment that bastard stopped ripping the chimp's arm off and stopped moving, the aguila subsonic H.P. got him right between the ears from the Texas end of things. It was dark now. I already had the hole dug under the trash rollout by the garage. Now, I am not seeking fame or fortune, and freely offer this newest application of technology to the world. Varmint callers alone now, ain't nuthin'. N.S., Sherlock

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NS, you have killed me! roflmaoWifey wants to take me to the ER I've been laughing so hard! jump Thanks be to Jesus I had no drink in my hand or mouth! Wink

Thanks, I needed a good laugh! Any chance of video? Confused

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.RC.Catrobatics

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
That sounds like tons of fun Ned!! CoolClay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
If and/or when we ever come up with a medal I think you should be first in line. Ole' Wolfer is up there too, but I can't recall specific stories.

Congratulations on a spectacular kill. This is exactly what people who can't just walk out the door and start blasting need to control the population.

One idea for you to play with: if it ever becomes a problem, I think you could eliminate sound by using catnip. That should pull in cats without too much noise, though of course a screaming chimp is the method of choice roflmao

The system you've devised needs a name. You're not really trolling, as that implies passivity. What you've rigged up is about as active as it gets in this game. I'm sure that names will be percolating overnight and I'll have something appropriate to suggest soon.

Video with sound would be a top download if posted on AR, is that a possibility?

When I mention a cartridge,the rifles involved:
22LR Cooey SingleShot | 22 Hornet 40sCZ | 223Rem CZ 527 Varmint
30-06 Husqvarna Sporter | 300 WinMag A-BoltII S/S BOSS | 458 WinMag Ruger #1

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Name it the Feline Pied Piper!

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Ned, have you ever heard of a "Police Interdiction Device" for cars called "The Road Patriot"? Basically it is exactly what you have but without the camo cover and a shock devise that disables a cars computer with a high voltage electric shock.
Does this give you wildmen any ideas? Wouldn't need to be shooting off guns and attracting the law! thumb derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Haaa.
Fooled you this time NS. shame
Before I open this thread,every morning I log onto a coworkers computer across the room.WTH,he is always late anyway.
Now I can sit back and watch his reaction to coffee on 'His' keyboard. Cool
Thanks for the laugh.
Screaming Chimp.... roflmao

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Purrloined Feloin? bewildered

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.WhatsCookin.Momma ?

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip Derf. Since I developed the "Catinator" (copyrighted) I found out there are war gamers running remote control scale combat vehicles over 5 or 10 acre tracts. These things have lasers, hit detectors, gun traverse capabilities, optical systems, etc., etc.. If I use your tip a little modified, I can visualize the Catinator set up with quick change 16 inch tazer turrets like the Mighty Mo, except on stealth treads. Run 'er in the garage, change turret to quad 10-22 electric hellfires, or load 'er up with a case of Tannerite. Why I should never have to leave my keyboard "to get the job done". Think about that! And I started out with a hockey stick. N.S.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
How about this option for the Catinator, as it is battery powered. A weighted catnip mouse is wired to a spool of 20ga or smaller dual strand wire, reel of wire is mounted on the copyrighted Catinator, when target crat is located and lured. Deploy catnip mouse, move catinator to the full lenght of the wire. This wire should be connected to the horn relay on said catinator, When ready activate horn relay and set off the blasting cap/weight in catnip mouse. Quickly drive Catinator to storage area for refit and recharge. (Buy new catnip mouse)

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You could do trolling. Just drag a fishing plug behind the remote controlled car. A cat couldn't resist pouncing on it.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote