Find
Notify
Tools

Cats in Cars
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
It has been unseasonably warm here. I was heading home from coyote hunting yesterday. Stopped in traffic for red light. Glanced to my left and noticed a guy holding a large cat in his lap and had one also on his dash. I have seen people with dogs (poodles) sitting in their laps while they drive, but not cats. And I have never seen an animal on the dash. Strange fellow was sort of effeminent. He noted me looking his way and started to smile but probably noticed my camo clothing when he decided to mouth "f---- you". I had done nothing to justify that so I reached down an got my dying rabbit call and blew it for all its worth. As I drove away he was still at the light trying to disentangle himself from two very startled cats.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
roflmao roflmao jump roflmao roflmao

That's priceless OEH, you are TRULY one of us. Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Sudden.Surprise

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh lordy, I needed that laugh! It conjures up quite the image! Big Grin thumb derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muffin
posted Hide Post
OEH, Thanks, I have been laughing outloud by myself for two minutes now, thanks again. Muffin

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
OEH,

roflmao
Well I guess that varmit calls need to be a standard issue, for our vehicles now. Just in case we find ourselves in a simular situation. thumb

Hog Kilier

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Elkhunter, do you think that was one of those metro types that you educated about lip synching?

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
The subject line reminds me of a neighbour, who had a couple of cats, one was a large reddish tom named Werner because of his colour - Mr Werner was then leader of the Swedish communist party (though my neigbour despite his love for crats had sound values).
However, I met my neighbour one day and he looked rather miserable, and I noticed that all doors in his car were open. He told me that Werner had been in rather poor health in the morning, and being worried about his crat, he took him to the vet. If I remember correctly - this was some years ago - his wife drove the car, while he was sitting in the back seat holding Werner in his lap. On the highway, with no place to stop, Werner's illness became more acute, in the shape of prolonged and generous diarrhoea. My neighbour did not get in to many details, nor was he happy to talk about the subject much longer, but my interpretation was that he soon refused to hold Werner much longer, giving the crat ample opportunities to spread his fertilizer more evely in the back seat. The crat quickly recovered after that. I guess the car did not.

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brings to mind a little truck, not car, story.

Years ago, I spent many a night with a delightful young woman at her house in the country. I lived about ten miles away. When leaving her house every morning I had about 3-4 miles of gravel road to drive before getting on blacktop.

At some point, a really rough looking cat took up residence at her house. Damn cat looked like it had mange or some other serious ailment. My friend wanted the cat GONE. It was a fairly tame cat but wouldn't let you catch it. One morning when I was leaving for home the cat was sitting beside the steps out the back door. Now Moma's kids were still in the house, not having left for school yet. So I couldn't very well just grab the old 12ga. Might warp their sensabilites or some such.. There was a coil of nylon cord on a hook by the back door. I fashioned a loop and when I stepped out the door dropped it over the cats head.. I know, cruel and unusual.. I snatched him off the ground and walked over to my truck. The truck had those wide side-view mirrors and I took a couple of wraps on the mirror, hanging said cat a foot or two below.. I took off down the normally abandoned gravel road to deposit the kitty. Who, by the way, was NOT enjoying the moment very much.. After about a mile a car fell in behind me and started gaining.. I thought, shit and sped up.. Of course it kept gaining on me.. It was evident they were more than just a little curious as to what I had hanging off my mirror.
Years later ---------------.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My eyes are watering I'm laughing so hard. thumb 338vt

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Pat B.,

I know they used to tie coon tails to antennas to look cool. You might have started a new trend and the driver behind you wanted to see
how to hang the cat. Kinda "gallows" humor.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
Freaking brilliant. I have to get a rabbit call for my car now. I might start taking it on walks around the cat infested neighborhood.

Every evening when I pull into my street I wish I had a silenced 22 with nightscope. Add dark pants/shirt and I could really do some culling in the overgrown areas around here.

When I mention a cartridge,the rifles involved:
22LR Cooey SingleShot | 22 Hornet 40sCZ | 223Rem CZ 527 Varmint
30-06 Husqvarna Sporter | 300 WinMag A-BoltII S/S BOSS | 458 WinMag Ruger #1

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote