Find
Notify
Tools

Small Game Maine
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted
Hey dose anyone know any good areas to hunt small game in Maine? I have been hunting some land in the Skowhegan and Oakland areas but there seems to be very little game. I do know there is a coyote issue in our state now. In talking with the Game Worden the other day stated he wants as many of them gone as possible. Hunting yote is fun but I dont fancy to try eating one. I m looking for rabbet and squeal, next trapping season I m going to try beaver. Wink

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jpat
posted Hide Post
James, F&G can give you the best info. In NY I use to hunt rabbits. I'd have to drive for hours here in NH. I like waterfowl and upland birds also, but the last 4 years have been lean. jp

Posts: 447 | Location: NH | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
Thank You, I did read your post a few days ago when you posted. I just havnt had a chance to reply.
thanks again!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
There are places that hold good numbers of grouse and woodcock in ME, and I've hunted squeal and hares up there as well. There is also some great waterfowling to be found on the coast and many other areas as well. I'd second the suggestion to call ME F&G, and ask to talk to a small game/other staff biologist to ask specific questions. They're usually pretty good about helping, IME, anyway.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
I bet the biologists could help me find the areas that are over populated and need that reduced Wink thanks for the wicked idea! clap

NRA LIFE MEMBER